Components

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CompactRIO Waveform Library

The waveform library is just a data acquisition API, it has basic examples but it does not have any application level examples.  The Vib Data Logger is an application example and it does fill a similar space as the LabVIEW Logging Template you referenced.

Between the two templates, the LabVIEW shipping template will be more familiar with our AEs and you will get quicker response time in terms of support.  The Vib Data Logger is supported by me and built on top of reusable libraries (like cRIO Wfm, GXML, STM, and SW Watchdog).  It has greater functionality but in terms of support I cannot give consistent turn-around times as you can find in AE.

Best Regards,

Jeff Tipps

NI Systems Engineer

0 Kudos
Message 71 of 115
(6,561 Views)

And yes I am aware of the irony of replying to a forum post within 20 minutes of its posting to say "I cannot give quick turnaround times."  : )

Regards,

Jeff Tipps

NI Systems Engineer

0 Kudos
Message 72 of 115
(6,560 Views)

Hello Jeff !!

This is a wonderful library !!

Based on it, I created my application and now is deployed and works fine for several months.

I have just a short question reagrding the timestamp of the 1D-Wfm.

My cRIO-9076 when powered-on, tries to connect to a SNTP server and most of the times succeeds.  Then the DAQ starts and my waveforms have the correct time.

There are cases when the SNTP is not available, therefore DAQ starts and waveforms get a t0 of 1/1/1970 but after some time when the SNTP server is on, waveforms' timestamp is updated to the correct one.

How can this happen? According to the AcqRead's block diagram, "First Read" remained FALSE (the DAQ operation wasn't interrupted)

Best regards,

Dimitri

0 Kudos
Message 73 of 115
(6,464 Views)

Hello Dimitri,

I am glad this library has been helpful to you.  The First Read register gets reset after a finite acquisition or if you ever call the "Stop" VI.  Are either of these conditions happening in your program?

Regards,

Jeff Tipps - Systems Engineer

0 Kudos
Message 74 of 115
(6,460 Views)

Hi Jeff !!

I am using the Continuous Acq. version, so none of these have occured. This is why I cannot understand this behaviour....

Best regards,

Dimitri

0 Kudos
Message 75 of 115
(6,458 Views)

Hi there, 

I am new to the NI cRIO waveform library and am trying to build a application to acquire data from arbitrary cRIO channels and output it to a file and a waveform chart. 

I am currently trying to use this project as a example, however, it is compiled for a different FPGA than my model. 

http://www.ni.com/example/31206/en/

I found the article regarding exporting examples from one fpga to another however on the first step, I cannot find any of the examples under the help>>find examples. 

http://www.ni.com/white-paper/5075/en

0 Kudos
Message 76 of 115
(6,205 Views)

Dear experts!

In a larger procject I was able to successfully work with the cRIO Wfm library. However, after updating  to LV2013/LV2013 I can not connect my FPGA-Vi via openFPGA Reference to any of the cRIO Wfm Vis,after I have added additional controls to the FPGA vi. The following Error is shown: 

You have connected two FPGA Interface dynamoc types with different configurations.
                                  "stop" register is not available

If I directly connect the  FGA reference to the read/write control, I can access all of my  "FPGA-controls"

If I connect any of the cRIO Wfm library Vi to the read/write control,  I can access the "FPGA-Front Panel Items" of the cRIO WFM FPGA sample code, even without providing any FPGA reference.

If I paste the code of the cRIO wfm Vis into my code and save it as an new subVi it seems to work ...

Is there any binding to  the FPGA example code? Do I have to configure the FPGA differently? Did I mess up my system some how? The main FPGA code was based on the "old" FPGA Example code of the old cRIO WFM tollbox (Rel. 3.x.x). Might this cause the problem?

Any comments are more than welcome!

Best wishes,

Luke

0 Kudos
Message 77 of 115
(6,158 Views)

Hi Adshi!

I am not quite sure that I understood your question right...

However, thats my answer ...

In order to get to the examples simply set up a new project using the create project manager button on the start up window (of LV 2013).

--> Create project

--> CompactRIO

--> CompactRIO Wavefrom Project (it is the TOP one)

When the project is set up, you can start to configure the hardware

In the FPGA-folder you will find infos how to adapt / customize the FPGA vis. After you have set up your hardware in the project and have modified the FPGA vi according to your needs, you can compile the FPGA by simply hitting the run button!

Hope, it helps.

Best wishes,

Luke

0 Kudos
Message 78 of 115
(6,154 Views)

Just follow up on my own post on problems with the cRIO-lib. The problem was that I did not deinstall the old version of the cRIO waveform library properly. The newer version changed a little bit and that was causing the problems. . .

Best wishes,

Luke

0 Kudos
Message 79 of 115
(6,125 Views)

Hi.

I am trying to use the library with a NI 9227 analog input module, which does not seem to work.

Is it possible for me to make the required changes to make it work?

Which options do I have?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 80 of 115
(6,101 Views)