Components

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cRIO System Configuration Information (CRI) Library

Christian,

I am using LV2013 and I do not have CRI/_SubVI folder and associated VIs in my user.lib. I am working on a project that requires some of the VIs for cRIO backplane information. Where can I get those VIs. I tried the original document but I am unable to access the page and your attachment.

Regards,

Sofia

0 Kudos
Message 51 of 85
(5,417 Views)

Hello Sofia,

The CRI documentation is available in http://www.ni.com/example/51852/en/

This document includes some older version of the CRI library, however, the latest version of CRI is available in VI Package Manager (VIPM)

1. From your LabVIEW environment, select Tools >> VI Package Manager...
  2. In VIPM you can filter all the packages by name in the search field on the top right (look for the magnifying glass icon). Enter 'CRI'.
  3. You should see several packages in the main list including 'NI CompactRIO Information (CRI) Library'. The latest version is 2013.1.0.15
  4. Right click the package name and select 'Install'. Follow the directions in the next dialogs.
  5. Once the installation is complete the CRI library will appear in the Addons function palette. The palette also contains a couple of examples showing the use of the CRI VIs.
authored by
Christian L, CLA
Systems Engineering Manager - Automotive and Transportation
NI - Austin, TX

0 Kudos
Message 52 of 85
(5,410 Views)

If you write a program for the FPGA on the cRIO device, and include a frontpanel with a numeric display, then run the program with the host (PC)attached, how does the data get from the cRIO device to the PC? 

I did not declare any way to transfer data from the FPGA module to the PC host. 

0 Kudos
Message 53 of 85
(5,400 Views)

Hi,

I tried to run the Get Remote cRIO Info, but the information about the device is returned incomplete.

The ipaddr and Hostname of the cRIO are missing.

Is there an alternative way to get those values?

Regards,

Pedro

0 Kudos
Message 54 of 85
(5,372 Views)

The cRIO Information Reference Library (CRI) is intended to run either on a host PC or on CompactRIO RT targets. I believe your question of data communication between an FPGA and a host PC is best answered in the NI Customer Education course LabVIEW FPGA, which explores the best practices for data communication between host, RT target, and FPGA targets. While I won't attempt to summarize that content here, I can mention that you do have the following communication options available to you when you want to pass tag data (latest value) from an FPGA to a host PC: Front panel objects and User Defined I/O Variables. If you want to stream data from the FPGA and guarantee lossless transfer, you will need to use another data communication method (such as a DMA FIFO).

If you are new to data communication methods, I highly recommend the LabVIEW FPGA and LabVIEW Real-Time series of NI Customer Education courses.

Thanks,

Lee

0 Kudos
Message 55 of 85
(5,367 Views)

Pedro,

The Hostname and IPAddr properties are no longer supported in the System Configuration API as of version 5.6. In order to preserve backwards compatibility with earlier versions of the CompactRIO Information Reference Library (CRI), we kept the controls and indicators of all library items the same. As you have noticed, this resulted in the trade off that Hostname and IPAddr return empty when you run the Get cRIO Controller Info.vi and Get Remote cRIO Controller Info VIs.

The code below, depoyed to an RT target, will return the Hostname and IP address. The subVIs (String to IP and  IP to String)can be found in the Data Communication > Protocols > TCP palette.

Thanks,

Lee

4.JPG

0 Kudos
Message 56 of 85
(5,363 Views)

Lee,

Thanks for your reply.

I would like to get the cRIO hostname on a VI running on a desktop PC (giving the cRIO ip address as an argument), could this be possible?

Regards,

Pedro

0 Kudos
Message 57 of 85
(5,352 Views)

Another problem that i have came across is the Get Remote cRIO System Info.vi gives says that my cRIO has a module on slot 5 when it's free (pic in attachment with the wrong info).

I tried to insert a module in the slot 5 and it returned the information about the module without any error.

0 Kudos
Message 58 of 85
(5,344 Views)

Pedro,

I am considering adding this to the next release of CRI, as part of Get Remote cRIO System Info.vi. This should be within the next couple of weeks.

Thanks,

Lee

0 Kudos
Message 59 of 85
(5,327 Views)

Pedro,

Thank you for finding this issue. I will investigate it prior to the next CRI release. Can you provide me with a list of the modules you were using when you saw this behavior?

Thanks,

Lee

0 Kudos
Message 60 of 85
(5,328 Views)