Components

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cRIO System Configuration Information (CRI) Library

These are greater VI and I use them a lot.

Now I have a cRIO with a 9111 backplane which does not seem to be supported by these Vis.

Will they be updated?

Terje

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 85
(10,368 Views)

I have attached updated versions of two files which contain all of the model codes for the controllers, backplanes and modules. Please copy these files to your harddrive, replacing the files that are currently there.

cri_cRIO Vendor and Components Library.vi >> ..\LabVIEW xxxx\user.lib\CRI\_subVIs

cri_cRIO Backplanes.ctl >> ..\LabVIEW xxxx\user.lib\CRI\_subVIs\TypeDefs

These files are used to lookup and convert the model code read from the HW to the corresponding controller, backplane or module name. If you have a newer piece of HW which is not listed, you can update these files yourself. By looking at the outputs of the CRI subVIs you will be able to see the model code for your new hardware.

[2/10/2011] Update: The files on the DevZone docment have been updated to the latest version.

authored by
Christian L, CLA
Systems Engineering Manager - Automotive and Transportation
NI - Austin, TX

Message 12 of 85
(10,356 Views)

Thanks Christian

I now get the correct information about the backplane, but I don’t get the information about the connected modules which is what I really need. It seems that I need a bitfile for that specific backplane in the CRI Get cRIO Modules Info.vi. If it is possible to get an updated version of these VIs as well, I would really appreciate it.

Terje

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 85
(10,349 Views)

I have added two new attachments to the original document on DevZone containing the complete updated version of CRI.

authored by
Christian L, CLA
NI - Austin, TX

Message 14 of 85
(10,300 Views)

Thanks for the update Christian.

However, I still don’t get any information about the modules when using a 9111 backplane

Terje

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 85
(10,250 Views)

I updated the attachments on the document one more time. Previously I had only updated the CRI Get Remote cRIO Modules Info.vi and forgot to update the local version of the same function.

I also created separate installers for LabVIEW 2009 and LabVIEW 2010 to account for the difference in the RT Ping function.

authored by
Christian L, CLA
NI - Austin, TX

0 Kudos
Message 16 of 85
(10,241 Views)

FYI: Even though you have fixed the subVIs to support the additional backplanes and have the bit files in the installer package. The text on the website still state that only the 9101, 9102, 9103, 9104, 9072, and 9074 backplanes are supported.  I installed the CRI package from the LV2010 VIP file and noticed that it does not have the change you made within the “CRI Get Remote cRIO Modules Info” file. Not supporting the additional backplanes. Therefore I downloaded the zip file and overwrote the VI which the VIP installed with the one from the zip file.

0 Kudos
Message 17 of 85
(9,996 Views)

Hello,

I want to use function CRI Get cRIO Modules Info.vi. In control on Front panel of this VI I can choose for example sbRIO-9602,

but in block diagram I see that there is not case which will call proper subVI (e.g bit file). So,  is it possible to get support for sbRIO components for reading information about modules?

(I am interested for sbRIO 9602 most)

P.S. Kudos for library 

Regards,

Sofija

0 Kudos
Message 18 of 85
(9,906 Views)

Sofija,

I'm working on an update of the CRI to include support for recent cRIO and sbRIO additions. I should be able to post a 'beta' version in a couple of days. Can you describe your application in a little bit and how you use CRI in a sbRIO-based application. In the past we have not planned on adding sbRIO support to CRI as we see sbRIO to be used in static applications in regards to HW - we don't expect users to change the HW configuration of sbRIO systems at run-time.

authored by
Christian L, CLA
NI - Austin, TX

0 Kudos
Message 19 of 85
(9,888 Views)

Hello Christian.

Thanks for update.

I am supporting one customer, who si using sbRIO, and idea of his application is to one of the three slots on 9602 to cover several HW/SW options by
inserting various modules. They wish that the RT recognizes the module and selects the appropriate FPGA bit file. So, acquisition of different type of signals
and processing of those based on module which is required is main idea.

Sofija Poledica
AE Eastern Europe

0 Kudos
Message 20 of 85
(9,874 Views)