Components

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cRIO System Configuration Information (CRI) Library

I have only used a NI 9215 on the first slot of a cRIO-9074.

The cRIO 9066 and 9067 models will be supported by this library in upcoming releases?

In a further release, would be possible for you guys, to change the "model" field in cRIO Modules from '9215' to 'NI 9215' (like it was on previous versions)?

Thanks,

Pedro

0 Kudos
Message 61 of 85
(5,532 Views)

Hello, 

I'm using the cri libary to get information about my 9022 RT and 9114 chasis. I have installed the latest cri libary from VIPM, however the RT ping controller.vi is broken, i am using LV 2014. I have searched for the real-time utility libary on my PC and the found the RT ping controller 8.6.vi works fine.

Has anyone else experience this? do i need to install something else to get the cri libary functions to work with the latest RT ping controller.vi.

Thanks,

Tim 

0 Kudos
Message 62 of 85
(5,444 Views)

Pedro, the latest release of CRI does support the cRIO-9066 and 9067.

Thanks,

Lee

0 Kudos
Message 63 of 85
(5,434 Views)

RT ping controller.vi should no longer be a dependency of CRI, but instead it relies on the System Configuration API (<LabVIEW>\vi.lib\nisyscfg). Were you seeing issues with CRI, or just that particular VI?

0 Kudos
Message 64 of 85
(5,431 Views)

Its just the RT ping controller.vi which is broken, i can't display the block diagram of RT ping controller.vi  because it is password locked, what are it dependancies? i may not have something installed or setup correctly in the system configuration API. 

Thanks, Tim

0 Kudos
Message 65 of 85
(5,406 Views)

RT ping controller.vi is password protected as it is a low level, non-primitive VI that ships with the product. I tried a short list of passwords that I have for such VIs, without success. The best I can do is to pass your request on to those with access and request those details for you.

0 Kudos
Message 66 of 85
(5,397 Views)

Thanks that would be excellent, it seems to be working okay now, re-installed some of the libaries. Although for some reason the get_chassis.vi produces a property node error for the mac address, when i deselect mac_address it works fine... has anyone else experienced similar problems?

Tim

0 Kudos
Message 67 of 85
(5,391 Views)

We have two possible profibus cards that could be in a cRIO Chassis (master/slave) and (slave or AS).  I need to be able to pick which image to deploy base on which one is present.  Unfortunalty the CRI Get Remote cRIO system info returns the same Vendor and  module ID. 

am I missing something or does this a vendor issue?

0 Kudos
Message 68 of 85
(5,381 Views)

Scott, While I only have a PBMS (Master-Slave) C Series module at my desk to test (no PBAS slave module), I can tell you that the "Vendor and Module ID" in CRI is populated from direct reads of the C Series module EEPROM addresses (see below). If you are seeing identical values for the two modules, it would mean that the EEPROM does not have a unique Module ID for each module. I will investigate with our support engineers to see if this is the case.

Read Module EEPROM.JPG

0 Kudos
Message 69 of 85
(5,381 Views)
Both modules report the same. Which drilling down to where it us split to gender and model yields a model of 1.
0 Kudos
Message 70 of 85
(5,373 Views)