From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Components

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Watchdog Agent Prognostics Toolkit

I am using Logistic Regression VI from Watchdog Toolkit.As it can take multiple features at the same time(like temperature, pressure etc).I wanted to display the CV value of each feature.So i wanted to know how can i do that using Radar chart.

Should i use some other watchdog VI to plot multiple CV values(i.e of different features)on a single chart?

Regards,

Nitin

Message 21 of 65
(9,255 Views)

Thanks for the information, Nitin:

Usually we do not generate CV for each feature. CV is the health index for the operating machine calculated using multiple features. Like I said, you may use the radar chart if you want to monitor multiple components. My recommendation is to use Logistic Regression VI and calculate one CV.

Chuan

0 Kudos
Message 22 of 65
(9,246 Views)

As you said in your previous post i have created a dummy model using Logistic Regression.In this model i have used 3 temperature sensor which will generate three  health index values(i.e CV).In this example i took PT100 as my dummy temperature sensor.Can you help me out how can i plot the CV value of each sensor on my Radar Plot.

I have attached the VI of the same.

Regards,

Nitin

0 Kudos
Message 23 of 65
(9,238 Views)

I have done some work with the radar chart - to use for multiple components, individual health within a machine.  A VI you may wish to useto create a radar chart. 

Let me know what your feedback for the VI is. 

Preston

Preston Johnson
Solutions Manager, Industrial IoT: Condition Monitoring and Predictive Analytics
cbt
512 431 2371
preston.johnson@cbtechinc
0 Kudos
Message 24 of 65
(9,225 Views)

Thank you very much!!!

This VI is really good and it is working fine in my project.Once again Thank u!!

Regards,

Nitin

0 Kudos
Message 25 of 65
(9,219 Views)

Hi all,

I wanted to know whether there is any example which will take raw data and do diagnosis to determine the fault and prognosis of that fault.

Regards,

Nitin

0 Kudos
Message 26 of 65
(9,200 Views)

Hi all,

As i am new to this watchdog agent prognostic toolkit so to start with i am working on a small example.I have taken following components to perform this example.
1)Two temperature sensor(PT100)
2)CRIO(9074)
3)C series I/O module(9381)
I will acquire the voltage across each sensor continuously through CRIO-9074.The voltage what we get is converted into temperature using a RTD function also with that i calculate the resistance across each sensor.This temperature and resistance value is passed to a two dimensional array which intern is passed to the watchdog tool as Testing data.In this case the Watchdog tool which i am using is Gaussian Mixture Model(GMM).Now at the system level(i.e i will take two sensor inside a system) we will get one health index for both the sensor how can i get to know the health index of individual sensor as i go one step down(i.e to component level).I am stuck at this point how can i get to know the health index of individual sensor and also if any one of the sensor is not working fine then how to predict at what time in future it will degrade.
    Can you please help me out which watchdog tool suits best to my example to get the individual health index and to predict at what time will it degrade in future.Whether my approach to the problem is right or wrong please let me know.
        I have attached a VI in which i have taken two dummy sensor and calculated the CV value at system level can you please help me out in calculating CV value at the component level and predicting at what time in future will it degrade.

Thanks & Regards,

Nitin

0 Kudos
Message 27 of 65
(9,182 Views)

Hi,
     Could anyone please help me how can i calculate the Remaining useful life(RUL) of a device in Watchdog prognostic Agent toolkit.I went through the examples which uses Health prediction VI given in watchdog toolkit but it was not quite clear to me.Can you please explain me how this Health prediction VI works in Watchdog toolkit.

Thanks & Regards,

Nitin

0 Kudos
Message 28 of 65
(9,159 Views)

Hi,

I guess what you ran was the ARMA model in that VI. That is a kind of time series prediction function. Say you have a series of CV values in your chart, what it does is to predict the future trend of CV values.If the CV falls below one pre-defined threshold(based on historical data or experience), you can consider it's time for maintenance actions. 

Hope it helps,

Chuan 

0 Kudos
Message 29 of 65
(9,153 Views)

Hi,

I tried with the ARMA ORDER SELECTION VI but it is showing some error could you please help me.I have attached the VI of the same.I have tried with the CV values as you said in your previous post.I have taken a series of CV values and my threshold value for CV is 5 also my Prediction step is 100.

Thanks & Regards,

Nitin

0 Kudos
Message 30 of 65
(9,136 Views)