Components

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tag Configuration Editor (TCE) for Machine Control

firstSuperNodeWhoIs.vi is trying to determine what class SuperNode is above the TagFolder object. Since there is no HMI supernode and the stop condition is controller supernode it will continue to go up until it hits the tagRoot. At the tag root when it tries to cast the parent it will make an invalid reference. When it tries to open the DVR that is probably when it hangs. We should probably make it so that we check for a valid reference before opening the DVR. You can do that by using the "Not a Number/ Path / Refnum.vi". If the reference is not good, then just return a false to Found and do not recurse again. In the menuActivate.vi I would change the stop condition to be tagRoot. That seems closer to what you want to do. Just a heads up. Another guy just released a configuration editor framework (http://www.ni.com/example/51881/en/) earlier this month. It takes a lot of the same concepts from the xCE and made them better. You should check it out when you have a chance.
Brian K.
0 Kudos
Message 41 of 47
(6,241 Views)

Thanks Brian for your quick response and for suggesting CEF.

As you wrote, " firstSuperNodeWhoIs.vi " search backwards in the tree, the supernode ( parent node ) of a specific class or alternatively up to the supernode stop class .

If you analyze the diagram, there is already a condition that avoids the problem that you refer to, in fact, before moving to the next upper level, it is checked if the current Node has a SuperNode=" Node0" (the node TagRoot).

In fact in my debugging, I could see that the problem has always occurred when the class was asked hmiFolder its supernode. 
In my opinion, the problem is not resolved by the control "valid class reference", because I can say that the class reference returned is the correct one. 
In fact, I first followed the research of "tagRoot" node from ".\TCE\NetworkTag\BrowseBindToTag.vi " and took note of the class reference to tagRoot,

then I did the same thing with the request from ".\TCE\TagFolder\menuActivate.vi" and I verified that the class reference should have the same value .

The problem is something else but I can not figure out what it might be due.

0 Kudos
Message 42 of 47
(6,235 Views)

Hi Fabio, I have down loaded the LV_unicode files to load the TCE source code in 2013. There seems to be other dependencies. these are example of VI's in libs that cannot be found TCE 1.pngTCE 1.png

Can you please indicate any other libs that need to be installed?

Kind Regards

Malcolm Marker

0 Kudos
Message 43 of 47
(6,177 Views)
AMC library can be found http://www.ni.com/example/31091/en/
Brian K.
0 Kudos
Message 44 of 47
(6,166 Views)

I am using TCE to set up an XML file in oder to run a CVT. I am only just setting up the file, and every time I run my CVT vi it keeps giving me the error:

"Error 1103 occurred at Unflatten From XML in Current Value Table.lvlib:Load Tags.vi->Host CVT.vi->Host.vi

Possible reasons: The XML tag describing the type of data is not recognized."

Has anyone seen this before? I would assume the TCE would know how to write the data type so that it can be recognized.

Any help would be appreciated.

0 Kudos
Message 45 of 47
(6,098 Views)
Hi MrPhree. I believe it is failing because you are using the latest version of CVT version 3.0 or greater. http://www.ni.com/example/30326/en/#toc5 speaks to the compatibility. CVT version 3.0 added a lot of functionality (speed, API, and group improvements), but unfortunately made it so that the TCE file format was not compatible. Systems engineering is working on making some updates to the TCE, but those will not be complete in the near future. If you want to use the TCE then rollback to CVT 2.0.x. If you are just planning on using CVT and none of the other addd ons then I would probably just make a config file to CVT cluster converter for CVT 3.0. Sorry for the inconvenience.
Brian K.
0 Kudos
Message 46 of 47
(6,094 Views)

Do you know where I can find a schema definition for the XML structure supported by CVT 3.0?  I could just create my own XML config file and format it manually, but I need to know the expected file structure.

0 Kudos
Message 47 of 47
(5,281 Views)