Components

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tag Configuration Editor (TCE) for Machine Control

Shortly before you posted, another NI systems engineer emailed me with 'I see carraige Returns in your descriptions' try it without that.

I tested that guess - and confirmed what you posted.

Thanks Much.

0 Kudos
Message 31 of 47
(7,796 Views)

@CaseyLamers1 wrote:

I am having a problem with using the TCE in LabVIEW 2011.  It is saying that:

Error 1125 occurred at Invoke Node in CIETag.lvclass:ProjInfo.vi->CIETag.lvclass:BrowseProject.vi->tag.lvclass:tagUI.vi

Possible reason(s):
LabVIEW:  File version is later than the current LabVIEW version.

I am wondering if this is because the TCE is in an older version of LabVIEW.

Thanks,

Casey

I'm running into the same issue. I downloaded the source and have run it inside the 2011 environment. In running it as source inside 2011 I no longer get the above error when opening the lvproj file, however it lists all my project's channels in the Channel Search "ProjInfo" window, and then they clear if you click anything. I opened the source for this an noticed a comment on the block diagram "Does not work as exe".

Also on this window it is throwing an Error 91 occuring at Variant To Data in CIETag.lvclass:ProjInfo.vi->CIETag.lvclass:BrowseProject.vi->tag.lvclass:tagUI.vi

The data type of the variant is not compatible with the data type wired to the type input.

Just started playing with this tool but not getting very far...

Thanks,

Bill

0 Kudos
Message 32 of 47
(7,736 Views)

Hi

I'm trying to use TCE to open Tag Configuration file for MCA Tank Control Reference example (example version 203).

I tried both tce_source_211.zip and tce_installer_210.zip with the same result: Tag file opens up but no tags show up. The editor works just fine with other Tag files (e.g. from Simple Machine Example).

Any advice?

Thanks in advance!

Misha

0 Kudos
Message 33 of 47
(7,605 Views)

I am running into the same issues as well. I'm running LV 2011 SP1. When I "Browse" for an "Address" for any given tag, I get a blank list. Then, when I click "Select" OR I exit out of the window, I get the 1125 error.

I really need to get this figured out as well, so I hope someone can solve this issue.

0 Kudos
Message 34 of 47
(7,524 Views)

To All,

I've just installed the Tag Configuration Editor and the API for the latest Current Value Table functions. They are not compatible with each other because of the additional Group cluster. Do I have to manually create cluster constants and save the file? If so CVT isn't saving me much time. Is a new TCE coming soon?

Thanks

Dave 

0 Kudos
Message 35 of 47
(7,323 Views)
Yes, a new one is in the works but I can't promise a new timeline. Sorry for the inconvenience.
Brian K.
0 Kudos
Message 36 of 47
(7,323 Views)

Thanks for the quick reply Brian. What is the workaround for now? Is there a Ver3 CVT function that can read the Ver2 xml file? I looked in the CVT compatibility folder a didn't find anything that would work. That would help.

0 Kudos
Message 37 of 47
(7,318 Views)
Just talked to Daniel who made the CVT 3.0 improvements. In the compatibility folder use the "CVT Load Tag List.vi" and then use "CVT Init.vi"
Brian K.
Message 38 of 47
(7,316 Views)

Brian,

The two VIs work but not at first. Load Tag List wants a target name which in my case is HMI. And it must be in caps to match the name in the xml file. After a little debugging to find that problem, the functions work fine using the Ver2 file created by TCE. The Groups aren't available this way but I can make a converted file if the groups feature becomes necessary.

Thanks!

Dave

0 Kudos
Message 39 of 47
(7,313 Views)

I'm approaching to LVOOP and I'm analyzing xCE with TCE implementation.
I have verified that if allow hmiFolder to contain a node class TagFolder, I can add it successfully, but when I request the menu on TagFolder (place inside hmiFolder) with the right mouse button, the application hangs.
The operations in sequence were:

1) I have changed ".\TCE\hmiFolder\Initialize.vi" and by "set allowedSubNode.vi" I have enabled both node class "TagFolder" and "hmi".
2) I have added in HMI (hmiFolder) a new TagFolder node.
3) I have requested with the right mouse button on the TagFolder the node menu.
4) When ".\TCE\TagFolder\menuActivate.vi" is called, the function "\xCE\xceNode\firstSuperNodeWhoIs.vi" look for the first "hmi" supernode class.
5) Since the TagFolder is directly under the hmiFolder, the "hmi" class is not found even the class "controller".

When ".\xCE\xceNode\firstSuperNodeWhoIs.vi" comes to the node "hmiFolder", as first function, the method ".\xCE\xceNode\get superNode.vi" returns a xceTreeObj.lvclass reference to the root node. When the function "to More Specific Class" is called  to typecast the reference to xceNode.lvclass, the application hangs.

Why this happens with tagFolder places in hmiFolder?

Thanks

Massimo

0 Kudos
Message 40 of 47
(7,239 Views)