Components

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tag Configuration Editor (TCE) for Machine Control

The e-mail address in my previous post has been corrected.
authored by
Christian L, CLA
Systems Engineering Manager - Automotive and Transportation
NI - Austin, TX

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 47
(10,787 Views)

I am trying to open the 'Simple Machine Control Example'  MCA_Tag Configuration.xml file and I get the error below and after that I have to go to the task manager and end the TCE.exe.  Any help would be great.

Steve 

Error 537020 occurred at an unidentified location

Possible reason(s):

While loading a configuration file an error occured.

The class tagRoot tried to make the class ReadTWriteF a subnode, but is not in the allowed subNode data

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 47
(10,217 Views)

Hey Steve,

What versions of the example and TCE are you using?  I just downloaded both tce_installer_202.zip and simplemcaexample202.zip directly from the respective webpages, unzipped and installed tce_installer_202.zip and unzipped the simplemcaexample202.zip.  I ran the TCE, selected File>>Open and select the newly unzipped MCA_Tag Configuration.xml.  This doesn't give me any issues.  Is this the process you are following?  Did you change anything in the XML file? 

I did try and open MCA_Localization.xml, which gave me the error you explained.  This makes sense as this xml file is intended for a different configuration editor.  It did also hang the TCE like you described.  I will add that to our internal list to make sure it gets fixed in future releases.

Daniel Eaton
National Instruments
Systems Engineering
Embedded and Industrial Control
0 Kudos
Message 13 of 47
(10,213 Views)

After an uninstal and reinstall, it works.

Thanks,

Steve

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 47
(10,209 Views)

Hey, TCE and the rest of the Reference Architecture is great! It saves lots of work developing our own mechanisms to handle the many underlying tasks. Thanks so much!

It would, however, be nice in the TCE if we could easily reorder Tags in the tree, or move a tag from one folder to the other by dragging and dropping.

-Nate

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 47
(10,062 Views)
Actually the drag drop feature and reordering is already in the TCE, you just have to press the control button.  I intended to put text on the front panel that would say as much, but I forgot.  Hope that helps and thanks for the feedback, and if you have any more ideas that would be great.
Brian K.
0 Kudos
Message 16 of 47
(10,056 Views)

I frequently experience hangs with the TCE where I have to End Task using the Windows Task Manager. It occurs at least once or twice a day each day I am using the TCE. Does this happen to anyone else, or am I doing unusual things with it?

0 Kudos
Message 17 of 47
(10,012 Views)

Can you trace it to any particular action?

If we can't, then maybe we should run the source code instead of the EXE, and hopefully the hang can be debugged just by seeing where the code gets stuck at?

Brian K.
0 Kudos
Message 18 of 47
(10,007 Views)
I did recall a bug that looks like a hang.  If you hold the control button down (or any button down) while the focus is on the tree control, it fires many events. And those events take a long time to get processed (like a minute), so it appears to hang.  If you wait like 2 minutes do you regain control?
Brian K.
0 Kudos
Message 19 of 47
(10,002 Views)

Hi all,

I've just noticed that the TCE source code has a dependency from Unicode VIs that are expected to be placed in the <user.lib>\Tools\Unicode folder. In order to solve this dependency you must dowload them from this page:

https://decibel.ni.com/content/docs/DOC-10153

the attachment you have to dowload is LV_Unicode-110-lv2009.zip  

Regards,

Fabio

Fabio M.
NI
Principal Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 20 of 47
(8,274 Views)