Components

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Simplified XML API

Please provide feedback, comments, and questions on A Reference Design Library for Simplified XML Generation this thread.

authored by
Christian L, CLA
Systems Engineering Manager - Automotive and Transportation
NI - Austin, TX

Message 1 of 9
(16,193 Views)

Not compatible with LabVIEW 7.1.

Tested.

I have a plan to use MSXML activeX. Is there any other idea about using XML in 7.1?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9
(15,947 Views)
You can consider using the EasyXML Toolkit for LabVIEW from JKI. It works with LabVIEW 7.1.
authored by
Christian L, CLA
Systems Engineering Manager - Automotive and Transportation
NI - Austin, TX

Message 3 of 9
(15,938 Views)

Dear Friends,

Do you have any idea to generate XML schema in LabVIEW 7.1.

If you have any resources or links regarding this, please send it.

Thanks in Advance

MRK (CLAD)

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(15,674 Views)

Hi,

I would really like to use the simplified XML library but unfortunately I'm on LV8.5.1 and not on LV8.6. How can I bring this library to my version of LV or could anyone supply a LV8.5.1 version?

Thx a lot!

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(15,576 Views)

I created a simple vi (see attached) in 8.6 based on the introduction on ni website about this library. when you run it, got error (2602) while creating the second root for xml file. any idea of why?

thanks,

Sue

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(14,662 Views)

Hi,

there is a problem with "Create Tag - Child with Text.vi". A reference to a Text Node is created but the reference never is closed. This can lead to memory problems if used extensively.

reference to text node not closed.png

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(13,174 Views)

I have painstakingly scoured my code for any open references, but to no avail, I still notice a decrease in performance after some amount of consistent usage. Does anyone have any tips for either searching for unclosed references or even a method to reinitialize the XML engine?

Thank you.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9
(13,078 Views)

A VI Package version of this library is now available In VI Package Manager from the LabVIEW Tools Network.  It supports LabVIEW 2013 and later.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(8,952 Views)