Components

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Simple Dual Redundancy

I put together a quick example of using the SDR with two NI sbRIO-9612 boards (LV2013). It uses network shared variables, so I would recommend using a different mechanism for RT Target to Host communications (such as Network Streams) for any serious applications. To run the example, you will need:

• null modem cable
  • NI CompactRIO Software, plus the following Add-ons:
    • NI-Serial RT
    • Network Variable Engine

The example is run be toggling the "Health" values for each board, causing the board with a higher numeric value to assume the role of "Active" unit and relegating the other to "Slave." Here are a couple of screenshots of the example project:

sbRIO Dual Redundancy example project

sbRIO Dual Redundancy with Health

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 12
(3,963 Views)

hello all,

Thank you for making a wonderful reference for SDR.

I want to share with you about my experience when creating rtexe for my real-time target.

When you test the VI in LabVIEW, it works as expected.

However, after you build the exe and deploy it on your cRIO/cFP, it does not work,

You will see an error coming out with code 1026, saying VI reference is invalid.

My work around is to open the SDR Start.vi. Replace the open reference function with Static reference, as shown below:

SDR_modification.png

Now all will work just fine.

If Anybody know the method to use dynamic reference on RT target, please post here too. I believe many of us will appreciate it.

Attached my set of modified SDR reference used under LabVIEW 2012

Cheers,

Marco Kwok

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 12
(3,949 Views)