Components

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Queued Message Handler (QMH) and Asynchronous Message Communication (AMC) Reference Library

Thank you very much for the important upgrades, especially for correcting the:"sent between network targets as flattened strings, instead of XML strings".
Just a little question:
What are the Read and Write VIs.

0 Kudos
Message 51 of 104
(6,508 Views)

Paolo_Squillari wrote:

Just a little question:
What are the Read and Write VIs.

These VIs now have timeout terminals exposed:

Send Local Message.vi

Send Local Messages.vi

Send Network Message.vi

Read Next Message.vi

0 Kudos
Message 52 of 104
(6,501 Views)

CMal: Just an FYI, the link you posted for AMC Library 3.3.0.16 doesn't seem to work.  VIPM (Version 2013) reports invalid link.

NI_VIPM AMC URL Error.png

I could not find it anywhere on the Tools Network or by searching all of NI.com. The AMC Library page still has version 2.1.4.5. I was however able to locate a newer version through VIPM by searching for uninstalled packages with AMC, which returns version 3.3.0.20.  Any reason why it can't be found on the NI site anywhere? Is this version stable and officially released?

Also, this install the AMC Library under vi.lib.  Shouldn't it be under user.lib?

0 Kudos
Message 53 of 104
(6,330 Views)

I will look into why the link is not working properly for you.  The link is intended to simply download the latest version of AMC through VI Package Manager.  The latest released version is 3.3.0.20.  We still include the older version (2.1.4.5) on the download page for anyone who does not want to upgrade to the latest version.  As for the install to vi.lib, this is the intended location.

0 Kudos
Message 54 of 104
(6,306 Views)

Installing the AMC into the vi.lib folder breaks the Tag Configuration Editor ( http://zone.ni.com/devzone/cda/epd/p/id/5331 ) reference code from the Machine Control Architecture. http://zone.ni.com/devzone/cda/epd/p/id/5336

NI_AMC Install Breaks TagConfig Project.png

0 Kudos
Message 55 of 104
(6,282 Views)

CMal, I saw the note AMC library page http://zone.ni.com/devzone/cda/epd/p/id/6091 saying that 3.3 was not code compatible with earlier versions the JKI Package manager note that states "This version is not code compatible with the previous 2.x releases of AMC.  You will need to manually update any existing code built using the AMC library."  Are there instructions on how to do this or maybe some more detailed revision notes?  I have pointed the project to use the new path used by AMC ver 3.3 (...\vi.lib\NI\AMC).  After downloading the Unicode library mentioned in a previous post, the only items missing are amc_Message Queue.ctl and amc_Message.ctl.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 56 of 104
(6,269 Views)

Hello everybody

I was trying to get familiar with the AMC library and test it. I've tried it on two PCs over a network using the VIs in the "AMC Multiple Targets" example and it worked just fine. However, when I used it with a cRIO-9075 things are not so good.

The Remote Messages Process and Exit work fine but Ping, Verify Queue, Get All and Ping All commands do not work, I have no response from the RT target.

I have no Firewall on the computer.

Anybody saw this behavior already?

Thank you!
Cristian

0 Kudos
Message 57 of 104
(6,091 Views)

Hi Cristian,

You may want to verify that you are using the latest build of AMC (3.3.0.21).  I tried running this example with a cRIO, and it seems to work fine.

Chris M

0 Kudos
Message 58 of 104
(6,079 Views)

NI-hilator,

The latest build of AMC (3.3.0.21) now includes the missing compatibility files that should prevent it from breaking code written using previous (2.x) versions.

Chris M

0 Kudos
Message 59 of 104
(6,078 Views)

Hello Chris

I've done some more tests. I tested with LV2013 on the PC (Target1) and a cRIO-9082 with Labview RT12.5.0 and everything works fine, Process and Ping commands.

On the cRIO-9075 with Labview RT 13.0.0 only the Process command works, Ping, Verify Queue and Ping All do not work.

I've put some probes and when I press ping command on the PC I have a slightly different message that arrives at the "Send Message over UDP.vi" that runs on the RT on the different controllers. As you can see in the image attached the characters before the date are not the same. It is the only difference I saw.

On the cRIO-9082 the version of the AMC library was 3.3.0.20 and on the cRIO-9075 3.3.0.21.

Thank you.

Cristian

0 Kudos
Message 60 of 104
(6,066 Views)