Components

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Queued Message Handler (QMH) and Asynchronous Message Communication (AMC) Reference Library

i have made two projects - a server and a client.

server has the amc dispatcher running. when i created a vi havin a ping dispatcher, it worked fine and i got the ping acknowledgment. But when i used the same vi inside the client project and ran it, it gives an error -

Error 60 occurred at UDP Open in amc_UDP Port.vi->amc_Send Message over UDP.vi->AMC Send Message.vi:5->AMC Send Network Message.vi:1->amc client.vi

Possible reason(s):

LabVIEW:  The specified network address is currently in use.

Can someone help me out

0 Kudos
Message 31 of 104
(8,880 Views)

Are your server and client projects running on the same machine?

CLAD
0 Kudos
Message 32 of 104
(8,868 Views)

Yes..... I'm using the same machine to test the vis......

0 Kudos
Message 33 of 104
(8,863 Views)

I believe that, since the Ping VI (and all the networked AMC VIs) communicate over UDP, you won't be able to use the network AMC VIs to talk to two different applications on the same machine.  I ran into the same problem when I was developing my application; I wanted to simulate the RT target by running VIs in two projects on the same machine.  Using the local AMC VIs didn't work either, and that would have made the simulation useless anyway as I would have to change VIs between the simulation and the real thing and debug all over again. 

Anyone have a way to use AMC to communicate between two apps running on the same machine?

CLAD
0 Kudos
Message 34 of 104
(8,858 Views)

I am using the AMC Ref Lib with a TPC-2106, a cRIO, & a PC to communicate between them. I am having problems with the TPC-2106 receiving messages ( I can send them from the TPC to the cRIO no problem, just do receive the response sent from the cRIO.) I've included the AMC dispatcher in the TPC LabVIEW code.

Anyone else seen this behavior?

0 Kudos
Message 35 of 104
(8,810 Views)

I was able to find the issue with the AMC ref lib. I had to modify the amc_Parse XML.vi to search the Message XML String in a different way. The format string in the Scan from String.vi was not parsing the string so no information was returning to the TPC.

0 Kudos
Message 36 of 104
(8,790 Views)

I am new to this AMC LabVIEW. One thing that I have not found defined is keys and values. What I am doing is taking JAVA app and breaking it down and using the commands for the instrument that I am trying to control. What are the key and value used for? Also in the message cluster some of the windows are not taken into account from Parse to format. Should I finish the vi?

Confused.

0 Kudos
Message 37 of 104
(8,763 Views)

Is there a tutorial for using the AMC example for multiple targets on different machines over Ethernet?

0 Kudos
Message 38 of 104
(8,708 Views)

nates,

There is not a separate tutorial for this use case other than the 'Sending Messages Across the Network' section in the main document.

One of the example that is included with the AMC package is a multi-target application.

C:\Program Files\National Instruments\LabVIEW 2010\user.lib\AMC\Examples\Multiple Targets\

You can run the Target 2 VI (AMC Multiple Targets Example 2 (RT).vi) on a Real-Time or Windows target.

authored by
Christian L, CLA
Systems Engineering Manager - Automotive and Transportation
NI - Austin, TX

0 Kudos
Message 39 of 104
(8,571 Views)

fat kid wrote:

I am new to this AMC LabVIEW. One thing that I have not found defined is keys and values. What I am doing is taking JAVA app and breaking it down and using the commands for the instrument that I am trying to control. What are the key and value used for?

The Message Attributes cluster with keys and values is an optional part of the message that can be used to add additional parameters to a message. The Key/Value pairs is a method to include multiple parameters ina self describing flexible format. Many uses of AMC will not use this feature.

@fat kid wrote:
Also in the message cluster some of the windows are not taken into account from Parse to format.

Can you clarify this statement? I'm not sure what you are referencing in this case. Which specific VI are you referencing?

authored by
Christian L, CLA
Systems Engineering Manager - Automotive and Transportation
NI - Austin, TX

0 Kudos
Message 40 of 104
(8,569 Views)