From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Components

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Queued Message Handler (QMH) and Asynchronous Message Communication (AMC) Reference Library

Thanks Christian, and also thaanks to DaveNShelby for his suggestion.

tstand

0 Kudos
Message 71 of 104
(6,100 Views)

Hello

I wanted to try AMC and trying to install it via VIMP, it adds 2 more packages to install NI String Tools Library 2.0.0.5 and NI Keyed Array Library v2.0.0.11 but they failing to install, Labview 2014 32bit, Windows 7 64bit

error message:

Main Package Name: NI String Tools Library v2.0.0.5
Package Name with Error: NI String Tools Library v2.0.0.5
Error Message: VIPM could not install the package ni_lib_string-2.0.0.5 .
Error Code: 8
Error Source: Open/Create/Replace File in ZLIB Read Compressed File__ogtk.vi->ZLIB Get File__ogtk.vi->ZLIB Extract File__ogtk.vi->EED56FA0C4F55E77EEBE36176CE1C33B->7773F18C47B7FC71CA4BAECE7A2EA962->OGPM Class.lvlib:BF046E12330E3D901A9FA815497F26CC->OGPM Class.lvlib:968239FABAFA58D305528EF3DD4CE1AD->1ECB61166404ABCF592B9976749FE772->VIPM Main Window.vi<APPEND>
C:\ProgramData\JKI\VIPM\cache\ni_lib_string-2.0.0.5.spec
===============

the same with both libraries

0 Kudos
Message 72 of 104
(6,068 Views)

Wojciech,

Please try running VIPM with Admin privileges in Windows. Most likely VIPM is not able to create some of the temprorary folder/files necessary during unpacking and installation.

authored by
Christian L, CLA
Systems Engineering Manager - Automotive and Transportation
NI - Austin, TX

Message 73 of 104
(6,047 Views)

Thanks you very much

it helped

*cheers

0 Kudos
Message 74 of 104
(6,035 Views)

The source code for the Asynchronous Messaging Communication library has been migrated to github for source code control and issue tracking.

Source: https://github.com/NISystemsEngineering/AsynchronousMessageCommunication

Issues: https://github.com/NISystemsEngineering/AsynchronousMessageCommunication/issues

Github will contain the latest version of the source code as it is being updated. We will continue to build and publish released versions of AMC in the Reference Design Portal and the LV Tools Network VIPM repository.

Bug reports and feature requests can be submitted in this thread or directly in the Github issues list.

authored by
Christian L, CLA
Systems Engineering Manager - Automotive and Transportation
NI - Austin, TX

0 Kudos
Message 75 of 104
(6,001 Views)

Just a question for the understanding of code. In the 'AMC Multiple Local Processes.lvproj' project, boolean process data is transfered beetween two local processes. This works vice versa between 'process1' and 'process2'. I realized that the 'Send Message to Local Process.vi' obtains the queueu to the 'other process', and 'Send Message to Current Process.vi' than sends it to the queue obtained before, but than the queue is released.

AMC.lvlibSend_Message_to_Local_Process.vi_Block_D_2015-05-11_16-20-13.png

How can the queueu still work on the other process, if it is released here. Do I have a general missunderstanding of the queue functionality ?.

Best regards,
Jörn

0 Kudos
Message 76 of 104
(5,943 Views)

Indeed a missunderstanding of queue behaviour. After further reading I found the answer here.

0 Kudos
Message 77 of 104
(5,923 Views)

I've been trying to get the AMC Ping Dispatcher function to work. I can't get a response from my remote CRIO system. I know that the dispatcher is running on my remote system is working becasue I can send commands to it.

I belive that both Ping Dispatcher and Send Network Message both use UDP which leads me to think that it's not a firewall or routing issue.

I've attached a test program that demonstrates the problem. It can send two commands which both work. The Ping command however doesn't work.

Any thougts as to what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks,

—Ben

—Ben
Prevent your computer from sleeping programmatically!
Use Power Requests
Download from GitHub

0 Kudos
Message 78 of 104
(5,739 Views)

Hey Ben,

I've run into this problem recently too. I don't think you're doing anything wrong, I think it's an issue with the dispatcher. Let me take a look at it. I'll post back when I have an update. In the meantime, you could use STM if you need a workaround. 

Cheers,

Ian K.
Software Developer
Data Ahead AG
0 Kudos
Message 79 of 104
(5,712 Views)

Thanks,

Apparently it's a known issue.

https://github.com/NISystemsEngineering/AsynchronousMessageCommunication/issues/6

I'm just using the regular old DOS Ping to detect if the RT system is there. It's not ideal since it doesn't show that the application is running. It's only really aproblem in devolpment though.

—Ben

—Ben
Prevent your computer from sleeping programmatically!
Use Power Requests
Download from GitHub

0 Kudos
Message 80 of 104
(5,698 Views)