Components

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JTAG Digital Waveform Library

I know this has to do more with the device than the Library, but I'm using an Altera Cyclone III Starter Board and I'm able to use the "sample" command to read inputs and high impedance command to place the FPGA in high impedance mode.

The problem I have is that the FPGA program is actively running and I would like to stop or pause it so I can test out the "exttest" command. It appears that if I use the High Z, issuing another sample command starts the output LEDs flashing again. Would anyone know if there is a command to stop the program from running? Would anyone have examples of how to use the exttest feature for a boundary scan?

0 Kudos
Message 41 of 45
(6,144 Views)

HI,

I am new to labview and curently working on communication between DIO and JTAG. I am usign the JTAG Digital waveform library.

I am able to send data to the DIO (through TDI) but I am not able to send more then 64 bit data. I need to send a chain of around 300 bits but the RAW Data pin accepts not more than 64 bits. Capture.PNG

Can you help me out how to send more than 64 bits. I tried using an array but that didn't help

0 Kudos
Message 42 of 45
(4,822 Views)

Hi akash2203,

I have seen the capture of block diagram in your message. I am learning the Library recently. Do you have any examples or simple projects about the JTAG Digital Waveform Library?

0 Kudos
Message 43 of 45
(3,270 Views)

I want to configure my fpga with labview via jtag, but I have no NI device. Can I use this library only with my usb-jtag line?

0 Kudos
Message 44 of 45
(2,233 Views)

Hi Team,

I was wondering how would I use the JTAG library to load a .hex file to my part?

Im kinda new with the JTAG programming syntax, since I use a terminal with a usb cable for that, and now I want it to be done using the NI resources.

Thanks,

CJ

0 Kudos
Message 45 of 45
(1,769 Views)