From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Components

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I2C Digital Waveform (IDW)

Dear, I need an I2C communication between a microcontroller and a Labview VI, I have a PCI-6251. I got a SPI communication between the microcontroller and the PCI-6251, but have no idea how to communicate using I2C. Anyone know how to do? Is it possible? Is there an example available?

0 Kudos
Message 91 of 100
(6,485 Views)

Hi,

I have used developed a small program to simulate a transmission and reception using the function pallette using the IDW function. The program works only when the sample rate is equal to or greater than 1M.. But i need my application to run at 100k.. I figures out that i need to make a few modification in the init.vi but dnt know what modification to make. Help plz..

0 Kudos
Message 92 of 100
(6,388 Views)

hi, can you help with your spi code. I have bben trying but no success

0 Kudos
Message 93 of 100
(6,087 Views)

Hello all 

is it possible to use this library VIs with sbRIO and how please ?

thank you 

Mustafa

0 Kudos
Message 94 of 100
(5,931 Views)

Hi, 

I use the library I2C digital waveform with a PXIe 6556 to check the protocol with my chip.

The chip was verified with the NI USB 8452 and work.

I try to build the trame with the library I2C digital waveform and generate the signal with a PXIe 6556.

I can write the question with the PXI and read the response with the USB (valid answer)

When I write the question with the PXI and read the answer with the PXI I read only the address of my chip and a lot of FF

I don't know why ? how ? ....

my code attached

the graph answer 

AnswerPXIe.jpg

0 Kudos
Message 95 of 100
(5,616 Views)

Raj,

Can you provide the details of how you were able to blank and insert delays?  I'd like to have a short delay in between each byte that I transmit to make it more human readable when looking at the signals on an oscilloscope.

0 Kudos
Message 96 of 100
(4,911 Views)

Hi David,

I try your I2C digital waveform driver with PXI 6552, is possible to change the clock polarity? I try to use the driver to program the DAC7678, the component send data on the rise time of the clock.

Thank you for all

Francesco B.

0 Kudos
Message 97 of 100
(3,220 Views)

For I2C write/read, SDA must be transfer from high to low during SCL is high . But In this lib , during start bit , SDA remains at 0 only. How to overcome this issue ? 

0 Kudos
Message 98 of 100
(2,941 Views)

I use this  Interpret HWC Samples - I2C .vi , if i set fixed register address, the data interpreted is right. but if i use a loop to read multiple byte, the data interpreted are wrong except this first byte.  I check the waveform , they are right.  How to fix this issue?

Thanks!

Denny

0 Kudos
Message 99 of 100
(2,514 Views)

I use this  Interpret HWC Samples - I2C .vi , if i set fixed register address, the data interpreted is right. but if i use a loop to read multiple byte, the data interpreted are wrong except this first byte.  I check the waveform , they are right.  How to fix this issue?

Thanks!

Attached is the waveform and interpreted data array, 2nd byte is wrong.

Denny

0 Kudos
Message 100 of 100
(2,512 Views)