Components

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Generic Configuration Editor (xCE) Reference Example

Dear all,

I'm very interested in xCE configuration Editor.

I'd like to personalize the xCE in order to have the possibility to change programmatically some attributes of the node as for example description and movable. I need to save this "modification" to the xml file in order to have the possibility to load them again.

I've done some test with the Description attribute and everything works well: I change the description at run time, saved the xml and when I load it again and the description was present.

I've done exactly the same think with the Removable attribute, but the change is not been saved in the xml file and so not loaded.

Effectively the xml file doesn’t contain all xCEData Node attributes. Is there a possible workaround.

Thank you,

Paolo.

0 Kudos
Message 21 of 36
(8,291 Views)

Probably solved modifying:

• saveDataNodeBegin.vi
  • loadDataNodeBegin.vi

including also the Removable attributes.

0 Kudos
Message 22 of 36
(8,289 Views)
I'm glad you were able to figure where to change the code. Did the change work for oyu?
Brian K.
0 Kudos
Message 23 of 36
(8,280 Views)

Yes, It's working. Now I'm able to save the "Removable" for all nodes.

Thank you,

Paolo.

0 Kudos
Message 24 of 36
(8,276 Views)

Hi,

This reference design looks very usefull to me!

I was wondering if a getting started guide/walkthroug is available. (Cannot find it in the source.zip)

thx,

Ben

0 Kudos
Message 25 of 36
(8,245 Views)
Unfortunately I was never able to make a walk through (had to work on my day job). In the article it talks about "The Tag Configuration Editor was designed to aid with configuring a machine control architecture. The Localization Configuration Editor facilitates the need to add multi-language support to Human-Machine Interfaces (HMIs). Both examples provide source code built upon the xCE and demonstrate what functionality is included." You'll find links there. They are my examples.
Brian K.
0 Kudos
Message 26 of 36
(8,237 Views)

Hi Brian,

Thank you for this xCE library.  I have used it to make a sCE (Simulation Configuration Editor).  Defining, ordering and running some simulation modules in the UI.  It works very well.

Alex. P.

Alex.P.
0 Kudos
Message 27 of 36
(8,140 Views)

Hi

I would like to access the variant variable "key-value pairs" in "LabVIEW 2015\vi.lib\NI\Configuration Framework\serializable configuration\NISE_CEF_serializable configuration.lvclass". I would like to have an accessor method for the variable itself to read the complete configuration (generically) without knowing the keys. Right know I'm forced to use a workaround with the functions "to string.vi" and parse (similar like within the function "from string.vi") the output "data" to get (and display) all the key-value pairs.

Please find attached the snippet of the "workaround".

Best regards

Markus

0 Kudos
Message 28 of 36
(5,546 Views)

Hi Qsi, I created the issue for this in github:

https://github.com/NISystemsEngineering/CEF/issues/89

It will be included in the next build of CEF, which we will update this week or next.  I created a property for read only and gives you the key value pair as a 2d Array. 

get kvp.png

Also the forum thread for CEF is: http://forums.ni.com/t5/Development-and-Deployment/Configuration-Editor-Framework-CEF/td-p/2730619. The link pointing to this tread in the whitepaper was wrong, and I just updated it.

Best Regards

Benjamin C
Principal Systems Engineer // CLA // CLED
Message 29 of 36
(5,526 Views)

Hi Benjamin

Perfect. Exactly what I need. Thanks a lot.

Best Regards

Markus

0 Kudos
Message 30 of 36
(5,512 Views)