NI Home > Community > NI Discussion Forums

Components

Paolo_Squillari
0 Kudos

Re: Generic Configuration Editor (xCE) Reference Example

Dear all,

I'm very interested in xCE configuration Editor.

I'd like to personalize the xCE in order to have the possibility to change programmatically some attributes of the node as for example description and movable. I need to save this "modification" to the xml file in order to have the possibility to load them again.

I've done some test with the Description attribute and everything works well: I change the description at run time, saved the xml and when I load it again and the description was present.

I've done exactly the same think with the Removable attribute, but the change is not been saved in the xml file and so not loaded.

Effectively the xml file doesn’t contain all xCEData Node attributes. Is there a possible workaround.

Thank you,

Paolo.

Paolo_Squillari
0 Kudos

Probably solved modifying:

• saveDataNodeBegin.vi
  • loadDataNodeBegin.vi

including also the Removable attributes.

Active Participant
Brian_K.
0 Kudos

I'm glad you were able to figure where to change the code. Did the change work for oyu?
Brian K.
Paolo_Squillari
0 Kudos

Yes, It's working. Now I'm able to save the "Removable" for all nodes.

Thank you,

Paolo.

Ben_Engelen
0 Kudos

Hi,

This reference design looks very usefull to me!

I was wondering if a getting started guide/walkthroug is available. (Cannot find it in the source.zip)

thx,

Ben

Active Participant
Brian_K.
0 Kudos

Unfortunately I was never able to make a walk through (had to work on my day job). In the article it talks about "The Tag Configuration Editor was designed to aid with configuring a machine control architecture. The Localization Configuration Editor facilitates the need to add multi-language support to Human-Machine Interfaces (HMIs). Both examples provide source code built upon the xCE and demonstrate what functionality is included." You'll find links there. They are my examples.
Brian K.
A.P.
0 Kudos

Hi Brian,

Thank you for this xCE library.  I have used it to make a sCE (Simulation Configuration Editor).  Defining, ordering and running some simulation modules in the UI.  It works very well.

Alex. P.

Alex.P.