Components

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Flexible Signal Acquisition Reference Library (FlexSignal)

Please post questions, comments and feedback on the Flexible Signal Acquisition Reference Library (FlexSignal) in this thread.
authored by
Christian L, CLA
Systems Engineering Manager - Automotive and Transportation
NI - Austin, TX

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 10
(15,061 Views)

Nice concept.. I've been using this type of real/simulated data I/O using a class hierarchy for years, although often on a somewhat higher (application specific) abstraction level.

I'd recommend anyone doing DAQ (or instrument I/O) to use this library or a similar concept.

Jeffrey

Message Edited by JeffreyH on 03-21-2010 11:45 PM
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 10
(14,908 Views)

I'm working on a test station with data acquistion and playback needs, and this reference library seemed like a good place to start from.  I've been running into problems, though, because I want to capture multiple signals at different sample rates and the library doesn't seem to support that.

Is there a simple way to get around this, or should I just dive into the library and start modifying it to suit my application?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 10
(14,385 Views)

Hello,

i want to capture multiple signals at different sample rates (in different tasks) and the library doesn't seem to support that.

Is there a simple way to get around this, or should I just dive into the library and start modifying it to suit my application?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 10
(14,015 Views)

You're correct.  The library uses a single sampling rate.  To capture signals at different sampling rates, you have two options:

1) Use two FlexSignal tasks, each one with its own independent rate. 

2) Create (or modify) a child of the DAQ task which will support multiple sampling rates.

Hope that helps,

Jack

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 10
(14,008 Views)

Hello,

I would like assistance adding the DAQmx Scale Name control to the Channel Configuration cluster of the Data Acquisition Reference Design (http://www.ni.com/example/31438/en/). I tried adding it but I ran into problems modifying the DAQmx.lvclass object. The attached screenshot shows the cluster I'd like to modify and the DAQmx class object that handles this data. Any guidance you can offer to do this is greatly appreciated.

Jorge

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 10
(12,394 Views)

FYI...  

Bug in the Installer for the Flex Signal package? Error stops installation - says that I need LabView 2009...  I have LabVIEW 2013 Base installed.  Is this a bug in the installer, or is the package incompatible with LabVIEW versions >2009 ??

I placed the folder "flexsignal_113" (from zip file) manually, but it does not load well.  http://www.ni.com/example/31354/en/

It would be nice if the Installer was fixed.

This is required for the DAQ Reference Project http://www.ni.com/example/31438/en/#toc1.

This is one of several issues I have had trying to get all the supporting SW to load.  Has anyone gotten this to run first time out of the box?

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 10
(12,114 Views)

I am having the same problem.  I'm surprised nobody answered this post.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 10
(9,933 Views)

Aero-DAS,

I'm sorry that this issue was not addressed a couple of years ago. Can you provide more details about the specific problems you are running into please.

Which version of Windows, LabVIEW and related driver (e.g. DAQmx) do you have installed? What specific error messages are you seeing? Please include a screenshot if possible.

I've gone through testing out the installer process here and it seems to be working as expected, but I may of course have different versions of software installed.

I'm working on Windows 7 with LV 2010, 2012, 2013, and 2015, as well as various drivers installed. 

When I used the Zipped version of the FlexSignal files in my clean install of LabVIEW 2010, and tried to load one of the VIs, I was notified that I needed both GXML and DAQmx installed as well. I installed GXML from VI Package Manager and installed DAQmx 9.4 with LV 2010 support. After installing these two missing pieces I am able to load the FlexSignal VIs in LV 2010.

authored by
Christian L, CLA
Systems Engineering Manager - Automotive and Transportation
NI - Austin, TX

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 10
(9,917 Views)

I am on a Windows 10 machine with LabVIEW 2015.  I ended up using the manual installer (*.zip).  Also installed GXML.  After that it worked fine.

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 10
(9,909 Views)