Components

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Current Value Table (CVT)

I have some errors in the wiring scheme. The Type-Definition FileFormat.ctl has no Field "Group Listings" which I need for Create 'Tags.vi, in this way it's not running. And the TypeDefinition CCC-Tag-config.ctl has no field direction - but I get no error, I don't know how important it is.

Does someone knows what I can doing.

Thanks,

Christian

0 Kudos
Message 111 of 164
(3,885 Views)

I'm not sure I understand the problem. Could you take a few screenshots to better illustrate the point?

0 Kudos
Message 112 of 164
(3,866 Views)

Hello,

(happy new year)

I have build a test VI and get the error from the unbundle by name vi.

Christian

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 113 of 164
(3,845 Views)

Hey Christian,

It just looks like you just need to change the indicator on the top right side into a constant, then you should be able to populate the cluster.

Thanks,
Daniel

0 Kudos
Message 114 of 164
(3,828 Views)

Oh yes thats correct, but also in this case the CreateTags.vi don't work, because there is no "group listing" in the unbundle by name from the CVT-Tags input".

Is there a special format of the tag-list.csv?

Thanks

Christian

0 Kudos
Message 115 of 164
(3,811 Views)

It looks like something modified that cluster on disk. Try using VI package manager to reinstall CVT.

0 Kudos
Message 116 of 164
(3,801 Views)

The reinstallation gives the same cluster. On the disk (LabView 2011:vi.lib:NI:Current Value Table:TypeDefs:File Format.ctl) has the same content and gives the same error. Where can I found the correct cluster with the Group Listings?

Christian

0 Kudos
Message 117 of 164
(3,788 Views)

When I open the file you attached, I see group clusters show up. Try the following:

1. Open the create function and try to change the unbundle to access the value. Sometimes if an element gets removed and added back, the unbundle nodes will not be linked to the correct data.

2. If that doesn't work, close LabVIEW entirely, uninstall CVT, and reinstall from the tools network. Make sure you are installing 3.3.0.13 (vipm://ni_lib_cvt?repo_url=http://ftp.ni.com/evaluation/labview/lvtn/vipm). If you left anything open last time you uninstalled VIPM may not have been able to reinstall correctly.

3. Worst case scenario, you can go to this location C:\ProgramData\JKI\VIPM\cache and look for the file "ni_lib_cvt-3.3.0.13.vip". Rename this file to ni_lib_cvt-3.3.0.13.zip (VIP files are actually zip files) and extract it on disk.  Then copy the files in ni_lib_cvt-3.3.0.13.zip\File Group 0\ to your LabVIEW directory, overwriting any files that are there. This is basically what the install does.

Thanks,

Daniel

0 Kudos
Message 118 of 164
(3,780 Views)

Ok, after reinstallation it works.

Thank you

Christian

0 Kudos
Message 119 of 164
(3,741 Views)

I have another question for this scheme. From the vi "Scan from string" I get an error - "scan failed,  input string does not contain the information expected by the Scan String". What is the correct scan string for this table?

Thanks

Christian

0 Kudos
Message 120 of 164
(3,742 Views)