Components

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CVT Client Communication (CCC)

Hi Eric,

The CCC Client Init VI should create the groups itself, so you shouldn't need to manually create them.  I suspect there is some code path that is skipping the group initialization in this case.  I will look into what might be happening, and I'll let you know what I find.

Chris

0 Kudos
Message 21 of 98
(10,604 Views)

Cmal,

Ok, I looked into my CCC init case and I don't see anywhere that those tags are written too, at least not using standard CVT vis. I would guess its supposed to happen in the client config read and write VIs inside of the client init. I dont see any "CVT" type VIs or code in here so im not sure how it would create that group and update the CVT table...

Is it possible that CCC just hasn't been updated fully yet for the new CVT version?

Eric

0 Kudos
Message 22 of 98
(10,599 Views)

@Etarkleson wrote:

Cmal,

Ok, I looked into my CCC init case and I don't see anywhere that those tags are written too, at least not using standard CVT vis. I would guess its supposed to happen in the client config read and write VIs inside of the client init. I dont see any "CVT" type VIs or code in here so im not sure how it would create that group and update the CVT table...

Is it possible that CCC just hasn't been updated fully yet for the new CVT version?

Eric

The write group on the client side is first created inside "Client Init.vi >> Client Configure Write.vi >> Initialize Address_Index Lists.vi".  3.0.0.3 is the most current version of CCC, so it is up to date with the latest CVT updates.  You can enable debugging in this VI and check to make sure it is being called correctly.  If the Group Tags VI does not exist in the CCC VIs you have installed, could it be possible that you are using an older version of the library?

Chris

0 Kudos
Message 23 of 98
(10,585 Views)

Hey Chris,

I found the piece of code you are referring too. I had actually gone in there and commented that section out when troubleshooting earlier problems... Oops!

Thanks for your help,

Eric

0 Kudos
Message 24 of 98
(10,572 Views)

Hello,

I programmed a VI and got the error message "Form Single Group - 53167" on my client.

So I searched for an example and found "CCC client and Server.lvproj". I let the serve VI

run on my desktop PC and because I don't have a cRio at the moment, the client VI on

my notebook. It performed well, anyway i didn't find the problem in my self written programm.

Then I modified the example VI as shown in the annexed pictures: I removed the variables

subseqeuntly from the tag list on the server and client side. For a better illustration I

adapted the controls and icons, but i didnt do any changes in the code. If there are only

two variables (Float1<->Input1, Float2<->Input2) left, I get the same error.

My version of LabView is 12.0f3, CVT 3.0.0.13 and CCC 3.0.0.3

Regards

George

Server

Client

0 Kudos
Message 25 of 98
(10,497 Views)

Hi gkit,

Have you found any solution to your problem yet? I'm running into similar issues and trying to figure out the reason.

-Matti A.

0 Kudos
Message 26 of 98
(10,451 Views)

Hello Matti,

Sorry, I have no advance in this. I am wondering because it seems that the other people

here are successfully using the CCC !?

I hope that any of them will read this thread and have an idea.

It's a promising feature, but at the moment I can't use it.

Regards

George

0 Kudos
Message 27 of 98
(10,445 Views)

Hi,

Ok, I think I have a clue of what is going on.

It seems you have to have at least one of both Write/Read type of tags to make it work without error. Otherwise it throws that "No Tags Found to Group" error (537167). Data type doesn't seem to matter.

-Matti A.

0 Kudos
Message 28 of 98
(10,439 Views)

@Matti_Autioniemi wrote:

Hi,

Ok, I think I have a clue of what is going on.

It seems you have to have at least one of both Write/Read type of tags to make it work without error. Otherwise it throws that "No Tags Found to Group" error (537167). Data type doesn't seem to matter.

-Matti A.

Thanks for reporting this issue.  It is indeed a problem in the CCC library where it expects at least one read tag and one write tag to exist.  It has been fixed in the latest version of CCC, which should be available on the LabVIEW Tools Network shortly.

Chris M

0 Kudos
Message 29 of 98
(10,425 Views)

Great, thank you!

0 Kudos
Message 30 of 98
(10,420 Views)