From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Components

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CLIP Node XML Generator (CXG)

Please provide feedback, comments, and questions on A XML File Generator for LabVIEW FPGA CLIP in this thread.

- David

(posted by Christian on behalf of David)
authored by
Christian L, CLA
Systems Engineering Manager - Automotive and Transportation
NI - Austin, TX

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 16
(17,925 Views)

Hi !

I've got a small issue using  the CXG.

When setting Min and Max Clock value, sometimes the min value disappears when validating max value cliking outside the box.

Is that a bug or am I doing something wrong ?

CLA, CTA, LV Champion
View Cyril Gambini's profile on LinkedIn
This post is made under CC BY 4.0 DEED licensing
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 16
(17,665 Views)

Hi Christian,

I already download CXG utility. However, I don't have vhdl code for test. Could you give me the the example you use (DemoClipAdder.vhd)?

I want to follow your steps in this article "XML Generation Utility for LabVIEW FPGA CLIP Nodes".

Thanks,

Ziva

Message Edited by Christian L on 02-18-2009 11:40 AM
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 16
(17,649 Views)

The ClipAdder.vhd file is included in the examples installed for FlexRIO in LabVIEW.

C:\Program Files\National Instruments\LabVIEW 8.6\examples\FlexRIO\FPGA Fundamentals\User CLIP\Adder

authored by
Christian L, CLA
Systems Engineering Manager - Automotive and Transportation
NI - Austin, TX

Message 4 of 16
(17,635 Views)

Hi zyl7 -

It may be a bug in the UI code. We are keeping a bug list, but I can't give any promises on when (or even whether) the utility will be updated for minor issue fixes.  This application has dual intent:  to automate CLIP XML generation for most users' needs, and also to show how a developer or company might design such a tool for their custom purposes.  You can treat it as a rubric for creating an automated XML generation utility of your own; my recommendation is to download the source and edit it to suit your needs appropriately.

David Staab, CLA
Staff Systems Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 16
(17,629 Views)

I just download this and tried running the exe but always get this error after I add the port list and click on next:

Error -2677 occurred at Invoke Node in Simple XML.lvlib:Create Tag - Child.vi->xml_Create Datatype.vi->xml_Create Signal.vi->xml_Create SignalList.vi->xml_Create Interface.vi->xml_Create InterfaceList.vi->xml_Create CLIPDeclaration.vi->XML_Generate XML.vi->CLIP XML Generator.vi

LabVIEW:  Attempted to call Create Element with empty name string.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 16
(17,089 Views)

Nevermind previous post (I guess you can't edit a message?), I figured this out. I wasnt selecting a datatype.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 16
(17,082 Views)

Very useful utility Christian!!

Just a small suggestion to improve it. Now the CXG doesn't control if the VHDL data type is supported by LabVIEW. It could be a good improvement only display supported VHDL data type in the CXG "unassigned signals" list.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 16
(17,021 Views)
Hi, i already use this node, but i have some troubles, i used labview fpga, work good but in some applications with some level of complexity consumes a lot of resources and also i'm more famliar with vhdl code, for that reason I have many codes, i would like to use, and this node look a huge option for me, but i tried using this for a code for ps2 keyboard, i'm declare all, when i declare the frequecy of keyboard clock seems all good, when i going to the project and added the ip component element, appears a sign of warning in the icon of ip componet, when i check it, show me all the in and outputs but the clock no appears, can something tell me what is going on? please
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 16
(16,887 Views)

Hi Emmanuelol -

This discussion thread is reserved for discussing bugs and features of the CXG utility. For help using the CLIP feature of LVFPGA itself, I recommend creating a new thread in the LV FPGA forum.

David Staab, CLA
Staff Systems Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 16
(16,871 Views)