Components

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automotive Engine Simulation Library for HIL

Hey Bryan,

Are your teeth not all spaced evenly with the same size? From your request, my first thought is that the N Teeth M Missing Generation may better fit your needs.

If they are all evenly spaced with some missing, did you choose to use the Fully Customizable Generation because it was easier to take a pre-existing table of waveform transition angles?

Regards,

Mike Lyons

0 Kudos
Message 41 of 54
(6,861 Views)

@lion-o wrote:

Hey Bryan,

Are your teeth not all spaced evenly with the same size? From your request, my first thought is that the N Teeth M Missing Generation may better fit your needs.

If they are all evenly spaced with some missing, did you choose to use the Fully Customizable Generation because it was easier to take a pre-existing table of waveform transition angles?

Regards,

Mike Lyons

Nope, it is a very interesting pattern 🙂 Fully Custom is the only way!

0 Kudos
Message 42 of 54
(6,860 Views)

Thanks for the response. I put 32 as the limit because I was trying to be conscious of memory use by the IP for multi-cam scenarios. I figured that 32 teeth would be enough to catch the majority of the interesting patterns. Do you have any insight into what would be a more appropriate limit. Is 128 most likely adequate, or do you think we should have different IP blocks that have different memory depths? Maybe a small, medium, large memory use and we could roll them into a polymorphic. Let me know what you think.

Thanks,

Mike Lyons

0 Kudos
Message 43 of 54
(6,856 Views)

@lion-o wrote:

Thanks for the response. I put 32 as the limit because I was trying to be conscious of memory use by the IP for multi-cam scenarios. I figured that 32 teeth would be enough to catch the majority of the interesting patterns. Do you have any insight into what would be a more appropriate limit. Is 128 most likely adequate, or do you think we should have different IP blocks that have different memory depths? Maybe a small, medium, large memory use and we could roll them into a polymorphic. Let me know what you think.

Thanks,

Mike Lyons

Honestly, I don't know. I dont have enough experience in the Subject Matter to make a good recommendation.

I would say, anyone who is savvy enough to be using this toolkit (ie FPGA programming) could easily fix this. Then I would recommend mainly documenting the fix. Now that i type this all out and think this through, this is probably the best solution.

If someone is just blindly trying to create FPGA to fit in with the Engine Sim CD, then it may be a barrier. Maybe there is room for some pre-configured FPGAs to Fit with the CD. But there are a lot of hardware target combinations to support.

0 Kudos
Message 44 of 54
(6,853 Views)

I have spent the past several days troubleshooting some weird data output I've been getting with NI's AES library. I've attached a presentation below explaining what the issue is. The cam output will stop after the first half of the first engine cycle, then begin again during the second half of the second cycle, then it's fine from then on. I need that first cycle for startup testing. I made a fix to get me going for now, but perhaps an update can be made to AES or perhaps I am not using it correctly?

Thanks,

Tim

0 Kudos
Message 45 of 54
(6,501 Views)

Tim,

Thank you so much for your detailed description of the issue. I agree, that is a bug. I apologize that it affected you!

Amazingly though, I posted an update (2.7) on January 20th... four days before your post. That fixed the issue by wiring in the true/false from the caller instead of figuring it out at run time. So it was fixed then.

It is rare I get in a fix right before a customer reports the issue. How cool!

Take care,

Stephen B
Message 46 of 54
(6,491 Views)

Great! Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 47 of 54
(6,489 Views)

Dear Sir,

I have an ECU test platform that is based on the following hardware items:

cRIO-9074, AI 9205, AO 9264, DIO 9264

The software version is LV 2013.

I have a problem with the cRIO AES application regarding the “Single CAM Generator Loop”.

Attached are 2 images taken on the Mod3DIO5 line that is the FPGA node for the CAM signal.

Note that the project structure resides under:

Root:\Irit Files\ATP Tester 3\ATP Tester 3\ATP Tester\NI Irit\engine simulation test

Analog Output_16 Single Cam (Host).vi : Serves as the Labview RT host application.

This VI includes the input array for the cam offset angles (Name: Array).

a. I have tested (probe) the path of the cam angles array from this host VI to the FPGA VI and verified that it looks good. I have tried several array sizes (No. of angle values) and got the exact response under the FPGA target VI “ATP Single Cam Simulator.vi” in the “Cams.Num.Angles” variable.

In addition, “Cams.Data” value displays several values during operation.

However, I cannot see steady cyclic wave pattern on the cam output line MOD3DIO5.

Attached are 2 images taken on the output line during the initial application launch. One image is for an array of 4 angle values (2 pulses), and the second is for 8 angle values (4 pulses).

The cam generation process happens only once! I need it of course to run continuously.

The images were taken only after full power-off of the cRIO chassis, and the pulses can be seen only once following the launch of the host VI. Later on, the cam output line remains HIGH.

Can you please send a sample code for generating this CAM pulse train?

Regards,

Menachem Lerer - Elbit Systems - UAS - UEP

0 Kudos
Message 48 of 54
(6,361 Views)

Hi mlerer,

I don't see any attachments. Can you attach your images and your code so I can take a look?

Thanks,

Stephen B
0 Kudos
Message 49 of 54
(6,355 Views)