Components

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A Localization Configuration Editor for LabVIEW

I have win8 64 bit. Did you download the installer from http://zone.ni.com/devzone/cda/epd/p/id/6257?

0 Kudos
Message 21 of 46
(8,851 Views)
I did download from there. http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/B972242574D4BB99862575A7007520CB says that it might not be supported which is my guess since the installer was LV 2009. I don't have a Win8 64-bit machine to test on. Have you tried opening the source to see if that works?
Brian K.
0 Kudos
Message 22 of 46
(8,840 Views)

I am able to open the source (Localization.lvproj), but ACM library files were renamed in new version so I had to relink all those VIs.

However I cannot open the LCE API.lvproj, because following VIs are missing (I cannot fined them).

Untitled.png

0 Kudos
Message 23 of 46
(8,829 Views)

Where can I get the missing "LCE" Vis?

0 Kudos
Message 24 of 46
(8,821 Views)

Sorry, it was a national holiday in the US.  I opened the source and noticed that the API VIs were missing like you said.  Attached ar ethe missing files that come when you use the installer.  I've also been making an updaed version that is hopefully simpler.  It is in LV 2012 if you would like to try it out.  I attached my beta in package below.  It requires LV 2012 RTE

Brian K.
Download All
0 Kudos
Message 25 of 46
(8,811 Views)

Thanks Brian!

I successfully installed the updated version. One bug that I discovered so far is that "Load from VI" doesn't do anything.

Could you also share the source code of the project? I would like to do some customizations of my own.

0 Kudos
Message 26 of 46
(8,786 Views)
Here you go. The Load from VI is still under work. I got it to work for labels and captions, but the rest are being worked on.
Brian K.
0 Kudos
Message 27 of 46
(8,781 Views)

Question before I download and install LCE tools:  Does this take a project and compile different executables into different languages? Or is it a single executable that the user selects desired language in run-time?  Also does it allow developer to change language when running a VI in LabVIEW IDE, or does it have to be built into executable(s).  Thank yoo. Larry

0 Kudos
Message 28 of 46
(8,718 Views)
If you grab the version two posts above this then it has an example of how to build EXEs that are localized versus changes languages at runtime. It is an example with pre/post build options.
Brian K.
0 Kudos
Message 29 of 46
(8,714 Views)

Hi Brian,

Your "Here you go..." two posts above post doesn't have any attachments. I'm very interested in your latest LCE updates.

I did download the LCE and NI Localization Library VI Package above, placed the LCE in the user.lib folder and installed the vi package. As mentioned above, the Load VI doesn't work. So I'm not quite sure on how to manually use LCE to create resources. Also, the example shows how to change the text in the string controls when language is changed, while I'm looking to change the Caption of controls and indicators. Will this be possible with LCE?

Thanks,

Rick

0 Kudos
Message 30 of 46
(8,671 Views)