Components

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A Localization Configuration Editor for LabVIEW

Most definitly.  The LCE installer will place an EXE in your tools menu.  In fact it was built in LabVIEW 9.0.  The API to pull the information out of the localization file is just basic string parsing.  If you want to look at the source, I just checked and the Full dev supports LVOOP and data value references so you look good.

To sum it up everything looks good.

Brian K.
Message 11 of 46
(10,036 Views)
Thanks Brian!
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 46
(10,034 Views)

Hello,

This does nothing of which I expect from a localization Toolkit.
It is just a user Interface to create an XML-File, where you group a word and the translations to different Languages. And there is even a csv-File a better choise. Should I send this XML-File to a translation office? Nearly no Concept to translate the visible words on a frontpanel to another language. By the way when I installed it, parts of it were locatet in LabVIEW 2011 directory instead of desired directory of LabVIEW 2009. And the only example based on additional toolkits, which must be installed.

So my opinion is: Do not waste your time with this toolkit!

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 46
(9,208 Views)

Hi sletrab,
Thank you for trying out my localization example, and sorry you had such a hard time.  I made the LCE when a customer asked how they could localize in LabVIEW, then I found it so useful that I decided to publish it as an example for free.  If you want more of a product, you should consider SEA's localization tool (http://sine.ni.com/nips/cds/view/p/lang/en/nid/209037).  I haven't used it but it seems more like what you want.  Just a heads up I'm working on the next version of the LCE based on feedback I received working closely with another engineer.  Just some of my ideas:
(1)  Remove all dependencies.  No one seem to like installing more than one bit of source.  THis means removing xCE and AMC dependencies.
(2)  Export/Import to tab separated values (tsf) file.  This allows the file to be passed to a translation team and then imported back into the editor.
(3)  Complete Unicode support.  All text will be saved as unicode.  LabVIEW doesn't support unicode, but we can workaround it.
(4)  Combine editor APIs and application APIs.  Both the editor aand applications will use the same VIs for loading, saving, etc.  Reduces branching in code.

If there is another feature you are interested in I would be interested in getting your feedback.

Brian K.
0 Kudos
Message 14 of 46
(9,202 Views)

I am looking to create resources for Chinese, Japanese and possibly Korean. I am assuming this sort of functionality is part of the (3) "Complete Unicode support". Or is there already a workaround?

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 46
(9,192 Views)

You can already do Unicode in LabVIEW.  This editor would just help you organgize how you localize.  Forr more information on Unicode in LabVIEW go to : https://decibel.ni.com/content/docs/DOC-10153

Brian K.
0 Kudos
Message 16 of 46
(9,172 Views)

Hi,

I tryed to instal LCE, but I get the following error (for both lce_installer_101.zip and lce_lib_installer_b.zip😞

LCE error.png

I have LV2012.

0 Kudos
Message 17 of 46
(8,905 Views)
Looks like a windows installer issue, not specifically an LCE issue. What OS are you trying it on?
Brian K.
0 Kudos
Message 18 of 46
(8,898 Views)

Windows 8

0 Kudos
Message 19 of 46
(8,896 Views)
Hmm, I just installed it on Win8 32-bit and it seemed to work fine.
Brian K.
0 Kudos
Message 20 of 46
(8,892 Views)