Components

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A Localization Configuration Editor for LabVIEW

Hi Michael.  LabVIEW went to year distributions in 2009.  So are you talking about LV 2009?  The DevZone posted library can be used with LV8.6 and greater, but you must install the LV RTE 2009 to run the editor.  If you wish to use the source code you must use LV 2009 or later.

Brian K.
0 Kudos
Message 31 of 46
(8,513 Views)

Hi Brian,

I'm not Michael, but I'm assuming you meant me. I have Labview 8.6 to Labview 2013. I'm mostly working with 2012, updating our internal vi package to handle localization.

I have been working on a solution, but decided to look around and see if a solution was already in place. The S.E.A. toolkit is out of our price range for our current needs.

Rick

0 Kudos
Message 32 of 46
(8,509 Views)

Sorry Rick,

I got lost in the thread and was replying to the wrong post.  So the way you use the LCE is in two parts.  First the editor.  All the editor does is organize resources and translations.  A resource might be your caption, like Caption1.  A resource does not need to be tied to the translation, but it makes sense most the time.  Then you add your translations for that resource based on how many languages you have.  In the end you will have a bunch of resources and their translations.  When you want to use that you go to you application use the LocalizationRepo.lvclass:Open.vi, then use the LookupResource VI to pull out your translation strings.  What you do with those strings is up to you.  So if you want to change a caption you use the property node to change it.

My hope is that in the future I can make the tool do some cool things to help developers more quickly have translated programs.  In particular is the "Load from VI" feature.  This would make it so the Editor would pull in a bunch of resources like Captions, free text, Label, etc. automatically so that you don't have to manual type that stuff in.  By I can't work on it right now. So just create freeform resources.

Brian K.
0 Kudos
Message 33 of 46
(8,501 Views)

Hello Brian,

What happend to further development of the Localization Configuration Editor?

In this thread I saw a posted beta in 2012, but the published version (http://www.ni.com/example/31257/en/)  is an old version?

I am looking for a solution, but do not want to waste time on the toolkit if the project has been abandoned before it was finihed...

Geir Ove
0 Kudos
Message 34 of 46
(8,405 Views)

I work on it when I have time.  Here is a preview of where it stands.  A lot of the features work including export and import.  There is an exe in the build directory if you are interested in looking at what the final might look like.  The source requires that package I included.  I still can't promise a release, but you can evaluate it it is good enough for you.

Brian K.
Download All
0 Kudos
Message 35 of 46
(8,393 Views)

Hi,

I wonder how to use LCE in latest LV, such as 2014. I tried the installer on http://www.ni.com/example/31257/en/ and also the files in previous posts, but I didn't succeed in using it.

0 Kudos
Message 36 of 46
(7,465 Views)

Hi Christian,

Are you still there? Can you help me with my problem? Thanks!

I encountered a problem when using LCE. Two switch control value could not be corrected updated and an Error 1320 is there when execute the function LCE_Get Resource Value and Update Ref.   Can you give me some suggestion? Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 37 of 46
(6,489 Views)

Hi smiling626,

I am a little confused in how you are getting that error.  Could you please post the step by step instructions?

Brian K.
0 Kudos
Message 38 of 46
(6,480 Views)

Hi Brian,

Thank you very much for you paying attention on this.  This application were created by my precious colleague, currently is not working here. The project should be very old , but in the last a few years added the LCE function.   Currently I need to update this project and add two boolean variance on the screen.I opened the project under Labview 2011 as it has LCE in this version. All seems work OK except the value is not updated. I traced the function and then get Error 1320 when the new two variance was in LCE_Get Resource Value and Update Ref.

0 Kudos
Message 39 of 46
(6,462 Views)

I recreate a new project but the error is still there. I have no idea where it comes from. I juse re-use the old LCE .xml file.

0 Kudos
Message 40 of 46
(6,459 Views)