Components

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A Localization Configuration Editor for LabVIEW

Please post your questions, feedback, and comments on the A Localization Configuration Editor for LabVIEW here.

authored by
Christian L, CLA
Systems Engineering Manager - Automotive and Transportation
NI - Austin, TX

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 46
(19,936 Views)
Why do you start these threads before the pages are available to the public? I've seen it happen a few times and it's kind of detrimental to your efforts, because I see there's a new post on the board, then I see it's an interesting thread, but when I try to look at the component, I get an error 404. Do you really think everyone is going to remember to check back in a week later? Why not wait for confirmation that the component page is accessible from outside NI before starting the thread?

Its a chicken and egg problem - we need the forums to post the content and vice versa.  

Due to the volume of reference design content coming on line for NIWeek, we are creating the forums in advance so they are ready to go.

Thanks for your patience.

Doug

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 46
(19,920 Views)

The problem here is that you're shifting the load from the single person responsible to creating the page to all the users (because now the users who saw the post have to check back again and again until the page comes online).

Instead, since the page can be edited, why not wait until it comes online and then create the threads and add the links? Even if you have 30 new components, I assume you can find some intern who can take an hour for doing this editing even around NIWeek.

Dear Christian

Could I use the new LCE with a WinCE Touch Panel - the NI TPC-2106? I am using LabView 8.6.1 (including Touch Pane Module).

Before I found this new editor, I have installed Chinese fonts on the TPC-2106 and can read Word documents in Chinese. Unfortunately I couldn't deploy a LabView application on this target to display Chinese characters (they are replaced by garbage). In the development environment the Chinese is OK in all VIs.

My other (related) query is how to install the LabView 2009 run-time engine?

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 46
(19,822 Views)

Hi Boyko,

Could I use the new LCE with a WinCE Touch Panel - the NI TPC-2106?

Yes.  The LCE is an executable you would use on your development machine, but the API to parse the resource files are simply string operations.  I have tested it on a 2012 and it worked fine, so a 2106 should be ok as well.

My other (related) query is how to install the LabView 2009 run-time engine?

The LV RTE 2009 can be found here: http://joule.ni.com/nidu/cds/view/p/id/1383/lang/en

One problem you will have with using the LCE, is that is saves files in extended ASCII.  Since LabVIEW does not support unicode nativly, I decided not to implement unicode support yet.  I will be trying to do unicode support in the future, but I do not have specific timeline yet.

There is a Idea Exchange to support Unicode.  I would suggest Kudo'ing the link: http://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW-Idea-Exchange/Support-Unicode/idi-p/921449#M316

Brian K.
Message 6 of 46
(19,813 Views)

I have a suggestion!

It would be great if we were able to set which character set to use !

Certified-LabVIEW-Developer_rgb.jpg

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 46
(19,379 Views)
Please elaborate.  By character set are you refering to code pages like for Unicode?
Brian K.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 46
(19,370 Views)

Hi Brian,

I'm reffering to what you can see in Character Map, when you go to Windows Start -> Programs - Accessories -> System Tools. You can have a single font, but with different "Character Sets". Those Character Sets you can see when you enable Advanced View. With different character set, you can have ASCII, and first 128 Bytes are regular Western, and the rest 128 varies by the "character set". It is very similar what you can reach trough regional options in Windows (I know LabVIEW depends on the regional setings).

I don't think it is the same as Unicode is.

Regards,

Stefo

Certified-LabVIEW-Developer_rgb.jpg

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 46
(19,368 Views)

Hello Christian!

Is it possible to use LCE with LabVIEW 9 Full Development System?

Thanks!

Best Regards,

Michael

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 46
(18,870 Views)