Multisim and Ultiboard

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

where is opt101 in multisim version 11

Where cn I find a circuit representation of Texas Instrument's photo detector /trans impedience amplifier OPT101 in mulitsim version 11?

The OPT301 is in there. I did a search for all Texas Instrument devices and that is how I founf it. No OPT101 though. Does anyone know whre this circuit is or a psice model that I can import. Texas Instrumen'ts page that has link to it's pspice model does not contain the file. All it contains is a movie clip, a schematic and a read me file; no pspice file.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(6,787 Views)
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(6,773 Views)

KateB,

Thanks for the reply, but that zip file does not contain the pspice file. That file contains a movie clip and a schematic of the opt101. So if anyone knows where to find this file please let me know. The opt301 is supported in mulitsim, so why isnt the opt101?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(6,765 Views)

the .mod file is not a movie clip, use Notepad to open it.

Tien P.

National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(6,761 Views)

Thanks Tien. 

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(6,751 Views)

Tien,

I successfully imported the file into multisim, now how do I stimulate the photodiode that is internal to the device?

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(6,746 Views)

Multisim like other SPICE simulators only understand current and voltage, things like light is not something that Multisim can simulate directly. What you do is use a voltage/current source and pretend it's light. Look in the part datasheet, there is likely a relationship between light and voltage and you can use the information to simulate this part.

Have a look at the attached example, the DC source on the left is your light source and you can control the intensity by press A, the source V1 generates a voltage base on the light intensity.

example.png

Tien P.

National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(6,741 Views)

please tell me the procedure to download opt101 in multisim 11.I downloaded pspice model.How to import.Kindly help

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(5,509 Views)