Multisim and Ultiboard

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

what is pad edit layer?

Solved!
Go to solution

I am using a ground plane with "+" style contact to parts. With spoke width set at .010", contact to parts in many places is too lean, but its just right for others. This fact prevents me from widening the spoke width to solve teh problem.

I have tried adding copper traces manually, but the ground plane resists my efforts by redirecting the traces or refusing to connect them to the plane altogether.

How do I increase ground plane connection to some parts without forcing it on all of them? 

Thanks very much, Tod

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(3,220 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Todc.18

Hi Tod,

Your title and and question don't seem to match. I've answered the question in the main content in Trouble working with ground plane...

As for the Pad Edit Layer question, Ultiboard allows you to define custom pad shapes, as opposed to the standard circular, rectanglar, etc shapes. Creating a new Custom Pad Shape (click Tools > Database > Database Manager, then click the New button in the parts list, and select Custom Pad Shape), will create a document to edit the pad shape. The document will have one layer, the Pad Edit Layer

Garret
Senior Software Developer
National Instruments
Circuit Design Community and Blog

If someone helped you, let them know. Mark as solved or give a kudo. 🙂
Message 2 of 2
(3,205 Views)