From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Multisim and Ultiboard

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ultiboard

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi,

"

I am new to this forum. I am not sure if I have selected the correct - Select Location: "Circuit Design Suite". If incorrect please tell me what I need to do.

I have created my circuit in MultiSIM Blue. I have transferred the netlist to UltiBoard. I started placing components where I want them. But I found a error in a component connection. I went back to MultiSIM and fixed it.

Question. How do I replace the incorrect netlist that is in UltiBoard with the new corrected MultiSIM netlist without undoing my work in component placement?

Thanks for your help.

PCWorker.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(4,942 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author PCWorker

The Forward Annotation function which is what you would use to update your layout to with changes made in the schematic. Unfortunately, this option is not available in the Mouser Edition.

To update the netlist, you would have to do it manually by selecting Tools>>Netlist Editor.  The name is under "net", and the pins associated with that net are in the "Pin" area. You can add/delete net by click on the appropriate button, use the add/remove button on the side to assign the pin to the net. This button button.JPG lets you click on the pin on the work space to add it to the net, use this method, it's easier than selecting the "Add" button then navigate through the pin list.

Tien P.

National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(4,915 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author PCWorker

Hi,

Thanks for your answer, I guess MultiSIM Blue is still good value as it is free.

Thanks,

@Tien_P wrote:

The Forward Annotation function which is what you would use to update your layout to with changes made in the schematic. Unfortunately, this option is not available in the Mouser Edition.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(4,909 Views)