Multisim and Ultiboard

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ultiboard footprint resizing

I want to use a TO220 style heatsink. Very much like KK_UK14/SAV in the master database but slightly different dimensions.

In Ultiboard 10.1 I copied the heatsink KK_UK14/SAV to the user database. I edited it to simply make the fins a bit shorter and tried using it on my layout.. It worked, but the overall footprint (bounding box) is still the same size as the original (ie. it doesn't reflect the shorter fin dimensions) although it looks OK.

Notes:

When I shortened the fins in footprint edit mode I noticed that the grid did not change its area bounds as I would have expected.

Using the footprint in my layout, if I select or lock it, the boundary boxes are still the old size.

When placing it on my layout the nudging also acts as if it were still the old size.

I've looked in vain for some property like "Footprint Outline Dimensions" to change.

Any thoughts gratefully received.

Bob

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(4,384 Views)

1. Options>> PCB Properties>> General layers.
2. In section Informations to resolve layer Coutyard.
You will see boundary lines of area of placing.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(4,381 Views)

Sorry, I was mistaken, is does not approach for version 10.1

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(4,377 Views)

Options>> PCB Properties>> General layers. just shows me a list of layers. and buttons to rename/save them. No Information, no Coutyard (Courtyard?) Layer.  Is that a CDS 11 feature perhaps?

Thanks,

Bob

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(4,376 Views)

Found the answer.  I had missed the rectangles on the 3D Info layer.  As soon as I edited those to suit the new dimensions all was well.

Thanks for the suggestion supsup.

Bob.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(4,373 Views)

Thanks - fixed my problem too.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(3,473 Views)