Multisim and Ultiboard

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ultiboard Copper top and bottom offset

Hi all,

I made a PCB layout for my project and I printed out the copper top and bottom layers.  I tried to align all the holes, and lines but I found there is little bit different from the top and bottom.  They don't line up perfectly.  Is it possible to check or change the offset for that?

thanks,

Harrison

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(3,490 Views)

Hi Harrison,

I did a couple of tests and I cannot see what you are describing. I used the the sample file "RoundRouted.ewprj" that comes with Ultiboard, and printed out both copper top and copper bottom. Holding them up to the light, the holes seem to be perfectly aligned.

I don't know how far off they are for you, but it is possible that the paper in your printer is not well aligned and and could cause misalignment. To check that the paper isn't the problem, could you check if the fiducial's are aligned. If you line them up, do the holes line up? Otherwise, it might be helpful if you attached the file you are using so I can try with that file. Or, try "RoundRouted.ewprj" yourself and see if that one lines up (click File > Open Samples to find it).

Garret
Senior Software Developer
National Instruments
Circuit Design Community and Blog

If someone helped you, let them know. Mark as solved or give a kudo. 🙂
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(3,482 Views)