From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Multisim and Ultiboard

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

student multisim 13 does not save custom toolbars

I added the close file button to the toolbar to make closing and opening faster (MultiSim doesn't seem to work the same twice in a row for me many times.). When I end MultiSim 13 and restart it, the button is gone, and other buttons have been shifted on the toolbar, leaving an empty space.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(4,964 Views)

Hi Nitetrees,

I am not able to replicate the behavior you described.

After you have added the shortcut icon to the toolbar, close Multisim and start it back up.  After you restart Multisim, if the icon is still at the right location, right-click on an empty area on the toolbar and select "Lock toolbars".

Tien P.

National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(4,930 Views)

I tried your steps. No jy.

Following your lead, I did a variety of the following.

I unlocked the toolbar and tried to save. No joy.

I went through several cycles of different combos, selecting only an icon, not icon and text, exiting at each step and restarting to check the result.

I then tried to put up the Close icon w text.

I /also/ tried at the same time using the File | Exit, rather than the X button.

For whatever reason, I then wound up with 4 Close icons, one w text. I deleted them all but the one I wanted (no text). It is useful to note that the icon image for all of them was the same, despite my having selected different icon images during each cycle.

I then locked the toolbars.

Everything seems as it should be, but I am so very NOT sure what step or steps actually worked. I have exited and restarted several times, and it seems as it should.

~R~

p.s. It's Ninetrees, not Nitetrees, but I appreciate the reply that got me started in the direction of the result that I wanted.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(4,926 Views)