From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Multisim and Ultiboard

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

resizing custom pads

I can't seem to resize  the custom pad size I have made - does this mean that if I want to make a custom pad shape I have to make a different one for every different size of pad I might use?

On the other hand, is there a way to get ultiboard to make rounded rectangle shaped pads? You can make rounded rectangle holes, but not seemingly not pads...

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(5,282 Views)

Hi there,

If you want to edit an exist Chip Pad in the Master Database, you should copy it to the User Database first.( right click the item, and then select User Database)

Capture.PNG

The following tutorial might be helpful to create a custom component in Ultiboard.

Creating a Custom Component in NI Ultiboard

http://www.ni.com/white-paper/5631/en/

Hope this helps!:-)

Regards,

Chen_T
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(5,272 Views)

I have the same question in regards to how do you edit custom pads that you have already made.  My part is already in the user database so that does not help.  I cannot figure out how to opent it in the pad edit layer again.

Thanks,

Wayne

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(5,237 Views)

I figured it out.  You go to the database manager and then change the filter to custom pad shape.

Thanks,

Wayne

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(5,236 Views)