Multisim and Ultiboard

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

remove potentiometer percent (%) from schematic

Does anyone know how to eliminate the annoying percentage of travel indication from the schematic for purposes of printing the schematic? With all display features off, still shows up. Msim 10.1

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,997 Views)
You could Edit Symbol. But you'd have to do it for each pot individually. Probably not the answer you are looking for.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,993 Views)

Hello. A bit crude, but it works. Create a small white bitmap image in Microsoft Paint (just a couple of pixels) and import it to MS (Place/Graphics/Picture). Place it over the percent. You can resize it in MS by clicking on it and drag the corners. I have attached the MS file with a pot and a white BMP.

First I tried to put a graphic-rectangle over the % instead of a BMP. I set the fill and border (pen) to white, but it still was printed with a border. I can't set the fill to white, it still looks black (any other color but white is OK). Maybe a bug in MS.

W.k.r.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,937 Views)

Thank you both for your suggestions. I already do a paint shop capture and white out the % information. You would think that if one of the main functions of Msim is creation of a schematic, then printing the schematic from Msim should be intelligent enough to know that a schematic doesn't typically show a percent of travel for a pot. It's just an aggravation.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,899 Views)