From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Multisim and Ultiboard

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

regarding multisim extra component

hi.....
how can i add multisim database file ..............
what i did is when i choosen the user database......after that i selected "ignore do not merge any components with the same
name"
after that i am not able to see the "special_gnds" on user database....
i'm not knowing where it has saved...
so please tell me how can i add the multisim database files...
and where i have to see the files,......
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(4,665 Views)

Hi,

I am not sure exactly what you are trying to do but if you want to add components to your database, you have to create them.  If you don't know how to do this, have a look at our online component creation tutorial.   Also, have a look this discussion, I think this is what you are looking for.

Tien P.

National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(4,630 Views)
hi....
i dont mean what u replied....
my problem is ...ihave the "Special_Gnds" database file......so when i'm clicking the file then it is saying shown in attached img name "1.jpeg"..i choosen user database....
after that again one dialog box came shown in attahed file "2.jpg"in that i have choosen third one "ignore,do not merge any components that have the same name".
after that i pressed enter....after that it said done....
but i unable to see where it has saved in the user database...........

i'm attching three files...
1. special_gnds database file
2. "1.jpeg"
3. "2.jpeg"
Download All
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(4,620 Views)

Hi,

To import a .prz database file select  Tools>>Database>>Database Manager>>Components tab and then click on the "Import" button.  You can also  double click on the .prz file and this should start the import process.  You must have Multisim 10 install to be able to import this database file.

Tien P.

National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(4,593 Views)
I have Multisim 10 Analog Ed. and I cannot find the Component Editor Wizard.  Can you help me?
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(4,347 Views)
That explains it. The Analog Devices Edition is a functionally limited edition of Multisim intended only for evaluation of Analog Devices components. The component wizard, user/corporate database, and other functionality is not available in this edition. You need to purchase Multisim to use the component wizard.
Garret
Senior Software Developer
National Instruments
Circuit Design Community and Blog

If someone helped you, let them know. Mark as solved or give a kudo. 🙂
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(4,329 Views)