From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Multisim and Ultiboard

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

regarding bug

hi....
i'm facing one problem when i simulating one ckt...i.e,
i'm using the component TS_XFMR2, one primary and two secondary....
i'm giving switching pulses of frequency 15KHz from 555 timer wizard to transformer primary......and i want two isolated identical PWM's......that is why i used two secondaries....
and what ever the pulses i'm getting from the transformer i'm giving to thyristor full bridge converter....
then i'm not getting any output.............
and when i connect switching pulses to the thyristor circuit....
amplitude of switching pulse is changing from 15v to 0.8V
so i'm thinking that because of ground ,i'm getting the problem....
because at the transformer secondary when i'm grounding the return path of each secondary then it is simulating ,otherwise it is
showing error....
this grounding only effecting the output....
so please suggest me:
1. whether i'm using any wrong transformer ..........(i want high frequency transformer)...suppose if i have to use other transformer
...where i can get....
2. how can i get isolated grounds in the multisim.......(if i'm not providing any ground in the return path ...it is showing error...)
so please help me ...i have to complete it .......

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(3,219 Views)

ellendula,

Try and put a high value resistor between the ground and the isolated side's ground (i.e. non net '0')...  try 100M and then reduce to see at what value the thyristor works.  If this works, I have added some symbols and methods for creating an isolated ground here:

http://forums.ni.com/ni/board/message?board.id=370&thread.id=6739

Another issue may be that the Thyristor may have a net '0' within the model and this may be incorrectly referencing some voltage in the circuit.  This is common for many isolated circuits since net '0' is treated as a universal net - therefore you may need to be careful of how the models on the isolated side are structured.

If this doesn't work, please share the circuit and the group can have a look.

Regards,

Patrick Noonan

Business Development Manager

National Instruments - Electronics Workbench Group

50 Market St.

S. Portland, ME 04106

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(3,203 Views)