From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Multisim and Ultiboard

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"bidirection to out" error

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi, I think bidirection means  "input and output", so I connected the ADC's out pin to MC74AC245DW's input. then use "electical rules check", there are 8 errors.

ERC [Circuit1]  <2009-07-08 11:34:41>
    Error: Connecting 'Bidirectional to Out';   [U3 pin 9, Circuit1]  to  [A1 pin D7, Circuit1]
    Error: Connecting 'Bidirectional to Out';   [U3 pin 2, Circuit1]  to  [A1 pin D0, Circuit1]
    Error: Connecting 'Bidirectional to Out';   [U3 pin 3, Circuit1]  to  [A1 pin D1, Circuit1]
    Error: Connecting 'Bidirectional to Out';   [U3 pin 4, Circuit1]  to  [A1 pin D2, Circuit1]
    Error: Connecting 'Bidirectional to Out';   [U3 pin 5, Circuit1]  to  [A1 pin D3, Circuit1]
    Error: Connecting 'Bidirectional to Out';   [U3 pin 6, Circuit1]  to  [A1 pin D4, Circuit1]
    Error: Connecting 'Bidirectional to Out';   [U3 pin 7, Circuit1]  to  [A1 pin D5, Circuit1]
    Error: Connecting 'Bidirectional to Out';   [U3 pin 8, Circuit1]  to  [A1 pin D6, Circuit1]
ERC [Circuit1] completed;  8 error(s), 0 warning(s);  Time: 0:00.05

I want to know Why ?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(4,592 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author zhao.bruce

ERC rules are customizable to suit your preferences.  You can specify whether particular connection types are valid or invalid (and whether they should throw warnings or errors).  To customize the ERC Rules:

1. Navigate to Tools -> Electrical Rules Check
  2. In the ERC rules tab, click on the Bi/Out box to toggle between Error/Warning levels

This should solve the issue.

Natasha Baker
R&D Engineer
National Instruments

Join the NI Circuit Design Community
Follow Multisim on Twitter!
Message 2 of 3
(4,579 Views)

Thanks for your reply immediately ! I tried that is ok !

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(4,566 Views)