From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Multisim and Ultiboard

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

polygon data error

Solved!
Go to solution

Error during autorouter preprocessing.
Source: Autorouter
Invalid Polygon Data

This is the error I'm getting. What is a polygon data? There is no listing for it in "HELP" (JOKE THAT IT IS)

I had an 8 layer board done, except for test points that also cannot be added. I found an error in the schematic. After saving the board, and changing the schematic in Multisim, I transferred it back to Ultiboard. Now I cannot autoroute it.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Scotty544

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,958 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author scotty544

Hi Scotty,

This error is likely caused by a component on your board and you have to isolate that component, to find that component this is what I do:

1.  Remove half the components on your board

2.  Resave the file with a new name

3.  Start the router and see if the error still exists

4.  If yes, again remove half the components on the board and reroute.  If the router starts, you know something you deleted is caused so open the original file and delete the other half instead.

5.  Continues this process until you can isolate the problem component

Once you find the problem component, the next step is to find what part of the component is cuasing the problem.  If you are use the Power Pro edition, click on the component and select Edit>>In Place editor, usually, it's the pads that are causing the problem.  Delete the pads and replace them.   If you don't the the "In place editor" option, you have to modify this component in the footprint editor.

If you are not able to fix the problem, create a service request at NI Support and send us your file.

Tien P.

National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,943 Views)

Hi Scotty,

I'm glad to see you were able to solve the problem. If you still have the original file with the problem (or a file that has isolated the problem), I would appreciate if you could post that file here. I could then take a look at the file to see if I can make this error more descriptive (or even prevent it from causing a problem at all) in a future release.

Thanks,

Garret
Senior Software Developer
National Instruments
Circuit Design Community and Blog

If someone helped you, let them know. Mark as solved or give a kudo. 🙂
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,917 Views)

Garret,

Tien Pham found my problem. It was a small piece of silkscreen on the bottom layer. It was probably left over from trying to flip a SMD test point to the bottom from the top layer. I may not have had the silkscreen layer turned ON but deleted the test point from the top. In other words, the silkscreen changed layers, but the pads did not. He also has a copy of the file.

Thanks for the help.

Scotty544

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,904 Views)