Multisim and Ultiboard

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

phantom net name

Hi,

There is a net in the spreadsheet that appears nowhere in the schematic.   I can rename it.  I cannot select it (select is greyed out).  The show/hide box for that net is blank and cannot be set to any other value.  How can I get rid of this?

Thanks,

David B

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,095 Views)

Hi David,

I think what you have is a hidden net, most likely with a name like VCC, or GND. The type column in the spreadsheet will most likely be Power or Ground.

Some components, in particular multi-section components such as the ones you'll find in the TTL and CMOS groups use hidden pins to connect to power and ground. For example, when you place a 7400N (TIL > 74STD > 7400N) in a schematic, you see pins for the inputs and output, but of course the component needs power. If you double click on the component, then select the Pins tab, you will see two additional pins, VCC and GND. These are hidden pins, and they are creating the nets VCC and GND. These nets will remain hidden (and you won't be able to selected them via the spreadsheet) until there are wires for the net.

Garret
Senior Software Developer
National Instruments
Circuit Design Community and Blog

If someone helped you, let them know. Mark as solved or give a kudo. 🙂
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(3,077 Views)

I found the problem in an obscure place. 

I had a digital ground that had a different netname in the Property/pins tab.  I have no idea how that happened.  I renamed it to GND like the other digital grounds in the Nets spreadsheet and it seems OK now.

David B

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(3,046 Views)