Multisim and Ultiboard

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

output not found

I try to get the value of a probe into LabVIEW, I use the LabVIEW Multisim connectivity toolkit.

However the output does not exist, here is the code I use:

I check the cuurent outputs with the ActiveX method EnumOutputs, if I verify that the output I want is actually I have no issue.

However the method 'GetOutputData' returns error -2147467259. And if I look up the last error message from multisim I get 'Output not found'.

Ton

Message Edited by TonP on 05-29-2009 12:35 PM
Free Code Capture Tool! Version 2.1.3 with comments, web-upload, back-save and snippets!
Nederlandse LabVIEW user groep www.lvug.nl
My LabVIEW Ideas

LabVIEW, programming like it should be!
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,818 Views)

TonP ,

First check the output of "Multisim_EnumOutputs" and verify that there are assigned/enumerated probes listed.   If so, my guess is that based on your sample size / simulation settings, the output may not be ready.   Usually you will want to use "Multisim_OutputReady" - put this in a loop and if TRUE, then read the output samples.  

Remember if you are waiting for ms or seconds, you may have to wait for multiple seconds or minutes even for the simulation to complete.   By the way, the settings from the menu, under:  Simulate -> Analyses -> Transient Analysis... dictate the transient analysis settings from the Multisim API (not the Interactive Simulation Settings).

Also I find that the best method to read data during a continuous simulation is to use "Multisim_SetOutputRequest" together with "Multisim_RunSimulationUntilNextOutput" and wait for a paused condition.  When paused, the outputs will be ready to be read, and then you can use "Multisim_RunSimulationUntilNextOutput" again.   This will allow you to run other things in a state machine, loop, etc.. and occassionally check the simulation status using "Multisim_SimulationState" to see if data is available.  

Let me know if you'd like me to post an example of this.

Regards,

Patrick Noonan
Business Development Manager
National Instruments - Electronics Workbench Group
50 Market St. 1-A
S. Portland, ME 04106
Email: patrick.noonan@ni.com
Tel. (207) 892-9130
Fax. (512) 683-7754 

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,764 Views)

Dear TonP,

I was also buissy with an example. Does the attached example work for you?

Best regards,

Martijn S
Applications Engineer
NI Netherlands
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,737 Views)

Hi Patrick/Martin,

I can look at this issue next tuesday. In the meantime I will forward the suggestions to a colleague.

Ton

Free Code Capture Tool! Version 2.1.3 with comments, web-upload, back-save and snippets!
Nederlandse LabVIEW user groep www.lvug.nl
My LabVIEW Ideas

LabVIEW, programming like it should be!
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,718 Views)