From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Multisim and Ultiboard

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

opamp 3t virtual mixer

I built the attached mixer with OP AMP 3T VIRTUAL. When I run the circuit it starts OK then the amplitude gets real big and I can not see it on the scope anymore. I built the same circuit with the OP AMP 5T VIRTUAL without connecting anything to the extra 2 leads and the circuit works. Is there a problem with the OP AMP 3T VIRTUAL device with AC signal inputs. I am using student version 11.0.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(6,343 Views)

Hi,

The 3pin op-amp model doesn't have a voltage limit and you can get really large Vout from it. Even if you didn't connect anything to supply voltage pins. Inside the 5-pin op-amp, there are additional circuitry and in this case it is helping the simulation to stay inside realistic range. I generally like to use the 5-pin model, it is usually more reliable.

Tien P.

National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(6,341 Views)

I thought it might be something like your explanation. Thank you so much for your quick response.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(6,339 Views)

i a

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(6,125 Views)

i have tried using the 5t virtual opamp, but it does the same thing, the output disappers from the simulation window, yet im using (+) and (-) 12v supplies...what could be the problem now?

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(6,122 Views)