From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Multisim and Ultiboard

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

op amp with single power supply

Hi , im trying to simulate a Level shifter circuit based on OP-AMP (LF351) , to get first impression of the design , it should be a single power supply , i've connected everything , and the ouput look like a DC , it not why im expected for , i think maybe i was wrnog with power supplies , but i dont know. The purpose of the design is to shift and attenuate the input signal from +/-5V to 0/3.3 V .

this is my circuit : 

Capture.PNG

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(6,763 Views)

1. The LF351 is speciifed for power supplies from +/-5 V to +/-15 V. I am not surprised that the output is not active with a single 3.3 V supply.

2. The negative common mode input limit is 2-3 V above the negative power supply voltage. Your signal is outside that range for most of the cycle.

3. The output voltage swing is 1.5 to 3 V less than the power supply voltages in both the positive and negative directions.

4. Typically a level shifter circuit built from an op amp will use power supplies larger than the maximum of the input or the output voltage ranges to assure the common mode voltage limits are not exceeded.

Try increasing your popwer supply to +/-10 to +/-15 V.

Lynn

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(6,744 Views)

Thank you.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(6,683 Views)

You are missing a DC divider between single rail to ride the AC on Vcc/2.

Are you sure the op-amp can run single supply?

Signature: Looking for a footprint, component, model? Might be here > http://ni.kittmaster.com
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(6,581 Views)

And also blocking caps with my above statement to keep the DC contained to this circuit only.

Signature: Looking for a footprint, component, model? Might be here > http://ni.kittmaster.com
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(6,580 Views)