From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Multisim and Ultiboard

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

new component causing ultiboard to slow down and produce out of memory window

i just created a new footprint and component, but after putting it into multisim and forwarding it to ultiboard it causes ultiboard to run incredibly slowly, often resulting in it crashing or a "out of memory" window to appear. What could the problem be? 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(5,466 Views)

....turns out it runs fine if i don't put any custom pad shapes on the footprint. Ultiboard seems to have a very hard time coping with custom pads...

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(5,465 Views)

.....is there a way around this?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(5,462 Views)

Hi Pgo48,

What version of circuit design suite are you using ? It is worth checking the release notes for this version to see if this is a known issue and it could be fixed in future versions.

Thanks and Regards,

Thanks and Regards,
Supreeth.K

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(5,433 Views)

Hi pgo48,

Have a look at this readme file which speaks about some issues related to custom pads being fixed in Version 10.1.1:

http://download.ni.com/support/softlib/Circuit_Design_Suite/10.1/10.1.1/readme_eng.html

It is worth trying this in the latest version of Circuit Design Suite.

Thanks and Regards,

Thanks and Regards,
Supreeth.K

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(5,418 Views)

hi, my application version says 12.0.0 (12.0.592). I'll try and work round it - Id like to request more options for pad shapes on future ultiboards - rounded rectangle pads are very common!

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(5,415 Views)