Multisim and Ultiboard

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

multisim

Hi there,please can anyone help me get my circuit to work. it is a serial adder circuit. thanks in advance 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(5,558 Views)

Hey,

I have taken a look at your circuit but I am afraid that I can not completely fix this for you. However I would advise looking at the datasheet for your 78LS83N and comparing your connections to that as a first debugging step. Aside from that I would advise building up the application piece by piece confirming functionality of each major component before combining them all together. 

I hope this helps as an approach to solve your issue. 

Happy Holidays,

Gavin

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(5,521 Views)

I'm very grateful for your help. And the circuit below is an improved version built from basic functions. please help me find out whether it works properly. My main problem is i'm knew to multisim and i do not know how to simulate the circuits.

Thanks in advance.

Joe

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(5,502 Views)

I'm very grateful for your help. And the circuit below is an improved version built from basic functions. please help me find out whether it works properly. My main problem is i'm knew to multisim and i do not know how to simulate the circuits.

Thanks in advance.

Joe

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(5,501 Views)

Hi Joe,

Thanks for the reply. I have taken a quick glance but can you outline what behaviour you are expecting from your system. As in are you expecting J1:J4 added to J5:J8 outputting to LED x,y,z to display binary/hex representation of the addition. Knowing this then we can troubleshoot without myself making assumptions. 

Regards,

Gavin

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(5,478 Views)

Thanks for your help. This is an 8-bit serial adder and i need to add binary input values J1,J2,J3,J4 to J6,J7,J8,J5. And also the display is required to display a decimal number but im not sure if i used the right display.

Thanks in advance. I really do appreciate your help.

Joe

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(5,451 Views)