From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Multisim and Ultiboard

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

multisim model node to symbol mapping

I am trying to import a spice model for an AD620. I found the model on the Analog Devices web site and worked through the component wizard until I got to the mapping of the model nodes to the symbol pins. Multisim (12.0) only seems to want to let me use model nodes with numbers less than or equal to the number of pins. The AD spice model uses nodes 99, 50, 46 and 20 for four of the inputs. The moodel is a little complicated so I'm leary of editing it. Is there some way to get Multisim to accept arbitrary node numbers as inputs to the symbol pin mapping? Why is there this restriction (if it is a restriction)?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(5,061 Views)

You should look at the comments in the model telling you which node is which. When you do the mapping table, it is the order that the node were declared that is imported and not the node.  In this case, the positve pin should be map as 3 since it's the third pin declared. Negative voltage is 4, output is 5, Ref is 6, Rg1 is 7 and RG2 is 8.  If the IC have more pins than the model, anything not listed in the subckt line means those pins were not modelled. In Multisim, you should put "NC" for those pins.

*                 non-inverting input
*                 |  inverting input
*                 |  |  positive supply
*                 |  |  |  negative supply
*                 |  |  |  |  output
*                 |  |  |  |  |  ref
*                 |  |  |  |  |  |  rg1
*                 |  |  |  |  |  |  |  rg2
*                 |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |
.SUBCKT AD620     1  2  99 50 46 20 7  8
Tien P.

National Instruments