From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Multisim and Ultiboard

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

multisim current/voltage leakage problem

Hi everyone, im richard and I was tasked a multisim project, but I ran into an issue.

The circuit works but there is a constant decrease in voltage and current. the circuit consists of dc power sources, inductor, resistors, comparators and an amplifier. also there is a logic gate and a DC_MACHINE_PERMANENT_MAGNET. 

anyone has a solution? or had a similar problem?

a screenshot of the circuit is added.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(4,922 Views)

Hello can you attach some screenshot of the results of the simulation and the multisim file too?

Randy @Rscd27@
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(4,895 Views)

after some additional testing we believe it is the dc machine permanent magnet causing the decrease in current, and an increase the voltage on him. I am positive it can be avoidable somehow but we just don't know how. We know for example the shaft friction can slow the leakage down. We previously saw in someone elses simulaion that it is stable in its dc operating point(steady state). we added some pictures and the multisim file.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(4,847 Views)

Hi richeezzz,

I think that there might be some of the parameters value on the DC Machine Permanent Magnent yhsy can be causing this to your schematic. I made some changes to the Armature resistance and was able to stop the current/ voltage values from moving, however you would have to consider your application setup and see what the real conditions for the component should be. Here on this link you can find the main descriptions for the paramenters and values avaiable on the component properties window.

Hope that you could find it helpful

Regards,

Sil.VI
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(4,808 Views)