Multisim and Ultiboard

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

multisim components gone

All of the components are gone.  Does anyone know how to get them back?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 11
(4,110 Views)

Hi,

It's suspected that your database files are corrupted. You can try to go to Global preferences and delete the file for master database in the designated folder. The systems will recover and produce a default copy once you restart the application. Hope this can resolve your problem.

Cheers,

Derek Z.
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 11
(4,109 Views)

It didn't work.  I couldn't delete it from multisim becasue it said it was in use so I copied the name of the file then searched for it on my computer and deleted it.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 11
(4,104 Views)

So even after you deleted it the database still didn't show up after lauching the application? Another possible cause would be that you accidentally prohibited the access to the database. Go to Options->Global Restrictions and observe if Disable Master/Corporate/User database component access options are checked. Uncheck if they are. You may be prompted to type the password, in this case, Rodney.

Derek Z.
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 11
(4,096 Views)

I checked and the master database isn't deleted.  Can you sned instructions on how to delete.  It says the file is being used in circuit design and can't be deleted.

they are all unchecked.  Please respond as i have homework coming due.  Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 11
(4,085 Views)

Hi,

If you have problem with access privilege then you can try this approach which is a more elegant resolution. Go to Control Panel->Add or Remove programs. Find National Instruments Software and Select Repair for Circuit Design Suite. The program will then automatically recover itself.   

Derek Z.
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 11
(4,082 Views)

Tried that, didn't work.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 11
(4,078 Views)

Hi,

Do you see an error message when Multisim starts up like can't access Master Database?

Regards,

Tayyab R,
National Instruments.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 11
(4,075 Views)

No error message.  I do have an op amp that i used last time i made a circuit.  it is in every category of com ponenets.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 11
(4,073 Views)

You are probably looking at your User database. Look at the screen shot attached. Your Database should be Master Database.

Regards,

Tayyab R,
National Instruments.
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 11
(4,071 Views)