From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Multisim and Ultiboard

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

multisim calculates incorrect loads

I have failed to find a "reply" button anywhere so am posting a new message with my original question and reply.

Hello Multisim calculates wrongly the input impedance of a common emitter stage - judging from the voltage drop on the base resistor network it appears it assumes a

hfe of about 10, when the real value is over 500. I used the 2N2222A as a model, and the error is there on multiple transistors with hfes many multiples of 10. Could you please let me know what I am witnessing here? Thanks Akis

please post your circuit Thanks Max National Instruments EWB Group

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,342 Views)

Hi Akis,

Thank you for contacting National Instruments. I have attached a graphic of the location of the reply button. If you are signed in, you should find this button at the top of the most recent message on the forum thread. 

replybutton.JPG

I have also copied your code onto the original forum so that we are all working from the same forum post. If you can't find the reply button, try deleting your cookies and temporary internet files.Also, if you can provide details of the internet browser and operating system you are running that will help if this is still an issue.

Please reply to the original message.

Many thanks,

Andrew McLennan
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(3,319 Views)

I have now found the "button" based on your fantastic help. I did not expect it to be there, I was expecting it to be like the "Post" and "Cancel" buttons present on this web-form (and most other forum web sites too).

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(3,296 Views)