From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Multisim and Ultiboard

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

multisim allow read-only corporate database

Is there a way to allow Multisim to access a read-only Corporate database?  Our corporate database reflects our stock and everything in there has the correct footprints, correct parameters, etc.  We don't want people messing those up - if a designer needs to experiment or add a new part, he should do so in his User Database.  But if we mark the Corporate database file as Read-Only, Multisim throws an error on startup and doesn't use it.  Is there a way to force this?

Michael

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(4,612 Views)

Hey m22oswald,

Try to locate the file in Windows Explorer, then right-click on it and select Properties. Change the file type to Read-Only.

Please let us know if this whether or not worked.

Regards,

Carmen C

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(4,586 Views)

Thanks for the reply.  Sorry - I wasn't clear in the initial post.  That is what I tried, and it does not work.  When the file property is set to Read-Only, Multisim throws an error on startup and ignores the database (so when I go to Database Manager, the only DB I can look at are User and Master).  The only way Multisim allows access to a database is when it is writeable.  Just wondering if there was a way to change that. 

Michael

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(4,582 Views)

Has anyone found a solution to this yet?

It would be great if it was like the master database.

Where only authorised users are allowed to edit the database and for every other user it is read only.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,623 Views)