Multisim and Ultiboard

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

multisim - How to display positive and negative values for voltage sources and resistors?

Given the simple circuit below, how do I show which end of the resistor is positive and which is negative? When I right click the resistor and go to Properties, I can't find an option to display these values. Also, is there a way to create arrows that show which way the current is flowing?

19-Apr-15 3-58-21 PM.jpg

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(12,578 Views)

Hi, 

There is no +/- end for a resistor, you can reverse it and the circuit will behave the same.

You can use the probe from the instrument toolbar to show the current direction. The green arrow represents current, if you get a negative value it means current is flowing in the opposite direction

probe.PNG

Tien P.

National Instruments
Message 2 of 4
(12,550 Views)

Thanks, that probe looks to be really useful. I guess I worded my question wrong with regards to the resistor. Here's how my lab book words it (below). I'm just trying to figure out how to enable these additional polarity markings in multisim like they have in the book.

21-Apr-15 11-38-50 PM.jpg

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(12,537 Views)

The resistor doesn't have polarity, if you want to show the +/- use text under Place>>Text.

Tien P.

National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(12,522 Views)